What makes the "Love" concept so important?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpfox

"Love" hasn't come in mind to me. Especially, when you say you "Love" Jesus and when couples kiss. *shivers* *grossed out* *nods*

I'm quite shallow and to be quite honest, I've never loved my family, escpecially my sister.

I haven't talked approriately and dated a girl throughout my life.
I have chatted to girls/ladies/women on-line, unforunately, I'd say the wrong things and it ends the discussion. ;)

I could be the only guy that doesn't like the "Love" concept and couples kissing. If there was a movie that showed it, I'd turn away, try to block it out with an object, close my eyes or walk away till its finally gone! :eek:

Its very uncomfortable when my father says he loves me, especially when he is a Homosexual!

I know this is mixed up, I just thought about it and decide to post it, since, my co-workers are so surprised I don't know alot about Love, which I don't.

What makes love so important, aye? The kissing, the hugging, soo icky...(The word when you get glue stuck on you)

Honestly, I don't think people need Love when it can destroy people in relationships. I would hear my sister yelling and screaming at her boyfriend, then she would cry so loud and long. Next day, their together!? Its just weird, you terribly hate them then you like them, what is up with that!

I think there is more to 'love' than the hugging, kissing, etc.

And I think there are different kinds of love...like the love for my husband isn't the same as my love for my mother or father....I think there are different 'levels' or 'degrees' of love...some are more intimate than others.

Loving others like Christ loves us, builds us up and creates relationships that allow positive growth.

Of course 'love' destroying relationships makes me wonder if it is 'love' or 'lust'...sure there is the possibility of loving somebody who causes much pain, but then I wonder do you really love them or do you believe you love them because of the control that person might have over you? There are negative experiences when dating, I guess that is part of the process, learning what characteristics you want in the man/woman that you will marry and spend the rest of your life with...

I also believe that when you find 'the right' person, sometimes everything you felt about 'love' and 'relationships' and maybe thinking you'd never 'love' anybody again, can all change when you meet that special someone.

anyways, that is just my 2¢

These are questions my co-worker asked me, since he was curious enough why I rejected Jesus "free" gift and accepted the fact I am going to hell. (He's a Christian too)

He asked me, if I had a choice of my dream girl, or playing games, I chose playing games. I'm being realistic about it since it is impossible to find my dream girl. Since most of the women I see around, are the types that want their boyfriend to be a star in a sport, have their own car, money, etc.

Oh, to make this interesting and true:

I'm 24, I don't have a drivers licence, I live with my family, my daily routine is sleeping, playing games, eating, watching tv, playing games, sleeping. OR sometimes I just skip eating/watching tv and play games for hours on end.
If I was on a date, most women would not like my honesty of me and them, I get a minimum of $50 per 2 weeks even though I make 15x as much because I'm supporting as much as I can to my family.

I've talked so long that I'm gonna be late for the bus. LOL :D

well... let's just put it this way: love is not kissy huggy googoo eyes etc., love is caring for them and being there for them, hanging around with them.
for example: you have friends on guild wars, and you do stuff with them, you talk to them, you're able to help them with things.
that's the outside appearance of the love you need to share with Jesus. obviously its not about kissing. what you show Jesus is love through things like talking to Him (praying), telling others how wonderful He is and introducing them to him (preaching), defending Him when he is criticized by telling the truth, and just enjoying knowing He is with you.

Love oh such a awsome thing...You know this world teaches us to hate so very easy and with theses lessons we have trouble seeing Love. But here is a truth even tho you do not know Love, Love knows you...But somehow I feel like You do know Love and there is rejection. Do you not have a favorite side of you? You have to learn accept yourself and to learn to love yourself then upon the acceptance that You Yeh You will start seeing the Love around you and this Love will show that you are so very special and so very important! God put Adam to sleep yank'd out a rib and hehehe ok ok maybe not yank'd hehehe inserted it into his SOULMATE....Yeh upon acceptance of the Word and the Truth and the Way your soulmate is being or is prepared...Funny how that works.... But where I am lost on Love is, which feels better the giving of Love or the receiving of Love Hmmm both are so awsome! Love saved my life yesterday today and forever...ARE YOU AFRAID OF LOVE????

for example: you have friends on guild wars, and you do stuff with them, you talk to them, you're able to help them with things.

I don't have many friends off and on-line. Everybody here are not my friends, just Christian gamers, more or less.

I consider myself a Guest to CGA, as well as if I was in a CGA convention, I would literally get a sticky pad, put it infront of my shirt and write, Guest on it.

ARE YOU AFRAID OF LOVE????

Hate exists more than Love, its like Love has disappeared on me, an emotion that I lost or forgotten. Hence, I don't love much in the world. My hate is towards anyone who threatens me and my intelligence.

So, sorry, cc.slim, I don't like you now. But of course, thats my hate talking. :mad:

My hate is angry at you to of put that last part of your post. I don't literally want to kill you, I'm just not in a pleasant mood, now, while I'm typing this on my keyboard...and using my mouse to make corrections incase I spelled something wrong...dot, dot, dot.

Eventually, I'll like like you again, cc.slim, maybe tomorrow, I don't know.

I hope saying that won't threaten you, cc.slim. But if it does, well, you know who to tell to. :)

I'm insane and cheerful at the same time. :D

Ahahahaha at least I wasn't the first one to be disliked :D!!! But my question still remains unanswered and it is unlike me to be pesky but man your missing out. When you go to sleep will you wake up? You may not care but I do and with the Love I have for you no one can take it away, change it or abuse it... Intelligence, money and whatever else this world offers is,, well, worthless in a grave. YEH he was buried with his Porsche and all his diamonds and all his smarts but what good is all that now under six feet of dirt entombed forever. HAhahaha he was dead before he truly died and he had no clue..Now Love and Wisdom wOOt there is the true treasures of this world... Both are free and easy to share.. Now ol slim is not looking to brainwash you or to change your heart hehehe mustard seed is in place and is seeking nourishment..Hehehe naner naner boo boo I get to share Love and I just LOVE to share free stuff... Hey I to was part of the world hating fighting dis'n and all that but wow just WOW now its more like where did all this LOVE come from :D John 14:26-27 n 1 John 4:16-18... GIT YA SUM!!!!!

But my question still remains unanswered

Do I fear love...? I dispise it, so yes, I am afraid of it. Its like this, when I get hugged, I feel...well, to me, it looks weird. I get hugged but, I have no desire to hug back, like I was a dummy, a mannequin.

What makes you feel so full of hate corpfox?

Christians.

I mean I know your not perfect, but you have to be least close to it. You've known and read the 10 commandments, I would of think Christians would at least have done what the 10 commandments says. To have someone 8 out of 10 commandments, doesn't sound good.

Also, the fact I've been teased by Christians because I couldn't get there and even if I did, I would get accused or say that I am not a true Christian, that whatever I believe, read and have asked question about being a Christian, I still need to be more to be a Christian.

How much more do I need to be a True-Christian!?

Go to church every sundays, making donations, go to missionaries, read the entire bible, read other bibles, be a monk, be baptized!? Just to be a Christian!? :mad:

To obey every and all the 10 commandments just to be a True-Christian?
If I did that, I've would really be a mannequin!

I can't do all of those above, thats too much.

I've poured my own soul and heart to being a Christian (when I was before) and I'm still not good enough! errrr really bugs me alot.

I've asked questions after questions after questions, you give me simple, easy answers, so why did I need more to be a permanent True-Christian? It doesn't make sense...

Thanx for the honest answer! I hated to be touched period... Hugging me was like ah do u want a bloody nose hehehe..Its my space and it was off limits yeh granny girls mom and dad mattered not..And to this day I still have my space but I do give the sideways hugs but it is strange...Now my wife and children are so wonderful and has taught me so much on Love, along with the Love that God has shown me through Jesus I continue to grow and share..I understand your caution and fear you have towards Love... To give and not get back or be ridiculed for it.Sad I know..But think like Jesus because of him his followers are hated hehehe but he went on to say fear not because they hated him first.. Clue there is when your hated for the Love you give, is that you are on the proper path..When you feel like a puppet then its because of traditions not because of your love for Christ..The Love of Christ is not bound by worldly ways..You know that.. God gave out ten commandments to follow and yeh most are easy to follow but we still stumbled..So as written it happened, the birth of our Savior whom cover'd our sins and left us two commandments, to love and then love somemore Hmmm why only two? Because those two cover all ten. each and every one of the ten is bound by Love. Now you must accept Jesus as your lord and savior,confess your sins and be baptized to be a follower of Christ..As for all the hoopla of add ons is something that the spirit within you has to accept or reject.. Jesus left his followers the comforter to use when asked. I choose to ask for this assistance when I feel unloved or just in the dumps..Now to say your not good enuff hehehe show me someone born to this world that is.. Now if I seem strange by using the term follower of Christ and not Christian is because of the worlds view of Christian's in general, Muslim faith(along with others) dis's Christian's in general but respect is shown when Follower of Christ is used.. and well it is who I follow ..Not the church or its people just Jesus Whom leads me to his father who I see and understand through his eyes and words..Ask Jesus questions and within his words you will find Gods answer!!!! Laus Deo!!!!

Ok corp I debated on posting a reply or not. Hmmm Christians perfect..... I would say not especially with the trials I've been goind through. The ONLY perfect person was/is Jesus. By the way, I think you love more than you think. That and the sacrifices you make for your family brings you farther along the path. Just you stating what money you have is used to support your family shows major character and more love than you could probably imagine. Love hurts but hate eats at your soul....... I have and am still experiencing both. Try to make and take baby steps sometimes that's all that can be done.

Blessings,"Angel"

Do I fear love...? I dispise it, so yes, I am afraid of it. Its like this, when I get hugged, I feel...well, to me, it looks weird. I get hugged but, I have no desire to hug back, like I was a dummy, a mannequin.

And the first step to working on anything is to admit how you feel about it. You have identified that you fear love....is that something that you want to change? Are you comfortable with that feeling or do you long for more? I would think it is a natural human feeling to long for somebody to spend the rest of your life with - but that is just my opinion.

Christians.
I mean I know your not perfect, but you have to be least close to it. You've known and read the 10 commandments, I would of think Christians would at least have done what the 10 commandments says. To have someone 8 out of 10 commandments, doesn't sound good.

Well I consider myself a Christian and I will also tell you that I am FAR from perfect. I am human, I fall short of His glory, but I am saved through His gift of salvation. I know that I make mistakes and I know that sometimes I don't live up to His word like I should, but that doesn't make me any less in God's eyes. I seek him for forgiveness and pray that He works in my life and that I can become a better person.

Also, the fact I've been teased by Christians because I couldn't get there and even if I did, I would get accused or say that I am not a true Christian, that whatever I believe, read and have asked question about being a Christian, I still need to be more to be a Christian.
Go to church every sundays, making donations, go to missionaries, read the entire bible, read other bibles, be a monk, be baptized!? Just to be a Christian!?

I'm sorry that you have been teased by "Christians" but my inital thought to that comment was - 'they must not have been very sincere or have been true christians' --- The simple act of not teasing somebody, should be a regular practice, not something that is exclusive to only Christians. Usually Christians work to build each other up, to share in the faith and bring each other closer to God.

As far as 'doing more' to be a Christian...I was always taught that all it takes is inviting Jesus into our hearts and our life. Of course after asking Jesus into your heart, it helps to read the Bible and be surrounded by people working towards a similar goal. I can't say that going to church every sunday is necessary - it helps - but it can be difficult to find a church that isn't full of hypocrites.

I can't do all of those above, thats too much.

So take baby steps....nobody ever got anything accomplished by taking it all on all at once. In order to move a pile of mulch, one must first get a wheel barrel, then one must get a shovel, then you scoop as much of it as you can take in one load, go dump it all and then return for some more. Much like being a Christian, all it takes is using your body to soak up as much of His word as you can, get a whole head full, heart full, spirit full and then you go and you think about it - you use it - you put it to work. And when you are ready you return for some more. Eventually you'll be doing things and feeling things that you might not have ever thought you could feel.

I've poured my own soul and heart in being a Christian (when I was before) and I'm still not good enough! errrr really bugs me alot.

But that is what you are missing Corp, you are good enough, you are perfect, you have incredible potential -- and in my opinion all it takes to be on your way is accepting Jesus into your heart.

I've asked questions after questions after questions, you give me simple, easy answers, so why did I need more to be a permanent True-Christian? It doesn't make sense...

Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, that's all it takes to get started!

And as for love, love isn't always displayed in the physical way...sometimes our actions and the things we do willingly for others is a display of love....just something to think about!

Last edited:
dude i hate being touched.... only 3 people are allowed to touch or hug me.... ever.... thats starfire, mom and dad lol. the thing about being touched is just a personal thing i would have to say. theres people who like to hug others and some just dont like being touched.

and corp, your not just a guest here, your like..... a part or peice of cga. kinda like mr. pop drinker if you remember way back when. he was a part of cga regardless of his beliefs. and to me, eon is a part of cga and so was byblo hex (anyone seen him online lately?).

You talked about not being good enough. My heart really goes out to you. That's a tough burden to carry. I was in youth ministry for 5 years, and my cardinal role was that I would never lie about my past or the mistakes I've made. That was a tough one to keep because there were definantly things I did NOT want them to know about. I was always willing to admit my short comings. I have a sticker on the back of my car it says, "I'm not perfect, just forgiven."
Confessing sins and then being forgiven, and then moving on in life. I've had people try and throw my past actions back at me (things that happened before and after I was a Christian), and my response is that, "that was who I was, that's not who I am today, so please leave my past where it belongs, because I'm forgiven."
Grace is undeserved forgiveness. It doesn't matter what you do. God's already paid the price and forgiven you. All you have to do is ask to receive it and then accept it.
Love will come if you let it. The magintude of God's love for each of us, is what compels us to love each other in return.

so was byblo hex (anyone seen him online lately?).

Byblo shows his last post was; 10-27-2004, 03:03 PM.

Tek7 banned BybloHex for attacking Rizz on a thread in the RD.

Sorry, I had to find out, Atown.

But it looks like a Temporary Ban, BybloHex profile is still intact, odd.

kinda like mr. pop drinker if you remember way back when. he was a part of cga regardless of his beliefs. and to me, eon is a part of cga

I've seen them around, but I don't officially know them, as many do.

However, I do know others way back, such as Rizz, Master~plan and CGamer.
Unfortunately, like them and others, they have gone their separate ways. :(

I've been though and seen, 3 Christian Clans die thoughout my years of being active. Not too worried if ToJ, CGA or GFC losses its edge of inactivity. After all, the 3 Christian Clans that died, were allied to ToJ, heh. Likely, I'll be around the next ally to ToJ, CGA or GFC. ;) (Technically, they are allied.)

But that is what you are missing Corp, you are good enough, you are perfect, you have incredible potential -- and in my opinion all it takes to be on your way is accepting Jesus into your heart.

you are good enough

Officially, no, I'd have to accept Jesus since I still reject his free gift.

you are perfect

Err, I am not perfect as would you or anyone here.

you have incredible potential

Been around here for almost 3 years...
I just like to hang around here...and play games around the Christian servers since I like their rules. If not, I'm still playing Starcraft! :cool:

I've waited this long to post because I didn't want to give you a pat answer. So I've been thinking about your post; sorry my response will be so long.

Why do we need love? If nothing else, love makes the world a better place, and it motivates us to be better people.

And there are many types of love; you've probably heard this before. (I'll identify them by the Greek, since it's easier.) Phileo love is the brotherly love, the love for family, friends, and mankind in general. Agape love, as the term was used by the early Church, is a self-sacrificial, no-strings-attached love, where the good of the other person comes first. Eros love is what you referenced: the erotic side of romantic love. (True romantic love encompasses all three.) I notice you used love of Jesus in conjunction with kissy-mushy love; they aren't the same!

Corpfox said:
I've poured my own soul and heart to being a Christian (when I was before) and I'm still not good enough! errrr really bugs me alot.
Being a Christian is NOT being perfect...not in this world. Being a Christian is not about hitting a certain number of the Ten Commandments. Becoming a Christian is about accepting Jesus's offer, which you understand clearly. Living as a Christian is about striving to be the best person you can be, morally.

I am not perfect, either, but I am a Christian. I try to be the person I know God would want me to be, and I repent when I fail. Being a Christian doesn't mean that I never sin again; but I cannot choose a lifestyle of sin, or continue to habitually sin.

The Apostle Paul is an excellent example.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Romans 7:15
Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.
James 4:17
When you look at these two verses together, it becomes clear that being a Christian doesn't require you to be perfect. If it did, the Apostle Paul, the author of more New Testament books than any person, would not qualify, by his own admission. We are a work in progress, constantly being refined and perfected, to be completed in heaven.
He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

Funny, MaidMirawyn, that first part of your post got be back into reading my Christian Book. :eek:

Think of it. God loves you and me as much as he loves the Lord Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son. Incredible but True! Though God hates sin and will discipline His children when we are disobedient, He never ceases to love us. "Whom the Lord loves, He disciplines" (Hebrews 12:6) In fact He disciplines us because He loves us, not because He hates us. He hates only our sin.

From Bill Bright

Before, I was reading book written by Bill Bright, when I was learning about Christianity;
A handbook of concepts for living:
A practical, easy to follow guide to the exciting adventure of joyful Christian living.

Unfortunately, I didn't finish it, my book-marker stops at; How To Experience God's Love and Forgiveness. Interesting how thats part of my thread. :eek:

That time, I was a Christian, though, I should of read the whole book, now I got the chance. Real deja vu there. ;)

Wow just wow if you don't feel the Love I sure do!!!! Hol on gonna dry my eyes....

:confused:

To be honest, as soon as MaidMirawyn, said the first part of the paragraph, it did give me deja-vu, just deja-vu though, a respressed memory, I would say.

Words, sentences, phrases, etc; they do bring my back memories, I just wonder sometimes, if I want to come back to that life I used to have or destroy it into non-existence......:(

Even flashbacks too, heh...

Though, what makes me angry is I chose neither side, but I have to chose one or the other. Heaven or Hell; God or Satan, errr...

I'm not a Satan worshiper and at the same time, I'm not a God worshiper either. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back