White Lion toughness.

Odale

How much toughness do I need to not be shred to bits in RVR?

I would like to know so I can start working on it now instead of later.

There is not a lot of White Lion gear that favors toughness/wounds over Strength/Weapon skill/Initiative.

Here is what I have noticed in small scale RvR (Read Scenarios, 18v18 or less):
-Charge the line all by yourself and you are dead.
-Charge WITH or WHEN the tanks move up.
-OR don't charge, and babysit the casters from DPS that tries to ice them.

Here is what I have noticed in Open RvR (Read ZERG, Keep/Fortress taking):
- You are more a liability then a help in keep takes. You cannot melee the door, because the oil and Sorc AOE kills you fast, and your healers are healing your tanks. Ranged DPS will do just as much damage AND not instantly die to the AOE.
- Guard the postern door with several other melee DPS (especially Witch Hunters) and maybe 1 or 2 healers if the war band can spare it. This is about the only way you are useful it seems. You will need to be quick on the chain stuns. Also, fetch them away from the door when they are just about to get through, and then hit them with your snare when they land :)
- Honestly, Open RvR is rough for Melee DPS in this game. That is exactly why I rolled a Shadow Warrior. But you NEED Melee DPS to get it done.

Hope that helps.

When I wrote this I had scenarios in mind. I had a blast with Troublemaker today in Serpent's Passage (he is an awesome healer) and when we were getting trumped by entire premade guild groups (extreme mad face) we did pretty well against 40's of any class.

I just want that extra little bit.

Of course, getting to level 40 would help a ton too... XD

awww shucks :)

i will say seeing the wl in action with pounce made me wanna go roll one.

you know speaking of Popoki I saw a noob wl on tonight with a similiar name, said they knew you?....................

Back