Whoo hoo!  i'm in!  now what?

C

Captain Chaos

New member here, thanks for having me in ToJ everyone!  I'm looking forward to gaming with all my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!

Ok, now that the formalities are out of the way:
I'm registered and in the forums, now what?
I want to find where some ToJ folks are and start gaming with you guys, but what's the best way to find you?  And what games are played the most?

Right now I'm  playing the old Unreal Tournament (still haven't decided whether to get UT 2003 or Jedi Knight II instead) and Battlefield 1942, with a splash of Civ III against the AI on hardest level and a smattering of Starcraft.  

I just started exploring other games again after spending an unholy amount of time over the last year and a half playing EverQuest.  I had a really killer lvl 65 Gnome Enchanter.  However, that game is a timesink if there ever was one, and I had to move on.  The good thing is that I was able to sell my account for $500.00 on the playerauctions.com site, so it was at least worth some extra cash that I used toward my new Dell 2.5 ghz and some new games! Woot!

From looking on these boards it seems like Half-Life or Counter Strike seem to be the games played the most, judging by the news items posted relating to the game.  Can you believe I threw away my half life CD?  I hadn't played in over a year (after being a die hard HL and CS player) and I thought surely with all the new games out that it was out dated and not worth playing any more.
sad.gif

So here I am, looking for some new games to play and ppl to play with, and trying to figure out the best way  to hook up with my fellow ToJ'ers.

Also - I'm holding out big time for Star Wars Galaxies to be released.  It's made by some of the Everquest folks and Lucasarts people, so I know it will be good.  Besides, I read their forums alot and I know it will be killer from what I'm reading about the early beta tests.

We should form our own SWG player association soon.  I could build us a killer web site, since that's what I do for a living
tounge.gif

Anyway, let me know when, where, how, and what game to meet up with you guys!  

Later!

Nice to meet you I am not in toj but I just thought I would say hi.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Right now I'm  playing the old Unreal Tournament (still haven't decided whether to get UT 2003 or Jedi Knight II instead) and Battlefield 1942, with a splash of Civ III against the AI on hardest level and a smattering of Starcraft.  
Wow you seem to be an all around gamer what is your faviorite genra?

welcome, glad you found us! You use any messaging programs? That's how I get in contact with people

Wow, I was confused a bit there. I recently joined Tribe of Judah and thought this post was going straight into their general forum. Apparently these are all the same?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jjosprey @ April 23 2003,10:17)]Nice to meet you I am not in toj but I just thought I would say hi.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Right now I'm  playing the old Unreal Tournament (still haven't decided whether to get UT 2003 or Jedi Knight II instead) and Battlefield 1942, with a splash of Civ III against the AI on hardest level and a smattering of Starcraft.  
Wow you seem to be an all around gamer what is your faviorite genra?
I like First Person Shooter type games like UT, Halflife, Battlefield 1942 for adrenaline rush and MMORPG games like Everquest and such for involvement.

It really depends on my mood as to which game I'll play.  That is unless I have something to accomplish in a certain game, then I'll obsess and play that game constantly till I achieve my goal.
tounge.gif

What's really cool is alot of new games coming out that are hybrids of these two genres, like Planetside, Starwars galaxies, and the list goes on.  I think the gaming industry is at a really exciting time, where we gamers get to experience this new innovation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ April 23 2003,10:30)]welcome, glad you found us! You use any messaging programs?  That's how I get in contact with people
LoL, I have an account set up on yahoo, aol, msn and icq, and I can't remember any of my account details except for aol, which my username is breauxster.

I am about to install trillian to see how that works for me. Wish me luck :)

Welcome Cap'n. Yeah, with these forums, you get to be a part of an even larger community of Christian gamers. These forums are made up of ToJ, CCGR (game reviews), and TribForce. There are specific forums set up for each group/clan, and then there are the top level forums where we can all hang out as one big family. And feel free to wander into any of the other forums as well. I sometimes post over in ToJ, although I am not a member.

Well, to answer your UT2k3 vs. JKII question...I happen to really like JKII and have been getting into the MP aspect recently, so I might be a bit biased. But here are some differences between the two. JKII has both SP and MP. The single player game is pretty fun and the multiplayer is almost like a completely different game. You have a lightsaber and force powers you can use. The force powers add a totally new and unique element to the game. You can push people off ledges. Pull weapons out of their hands. Force jump up, do a flip and swipe at the same time with you lightsaber. The graphics are nice.

Unreal, on the other hand has mind blowing graphics. The game is strictly MP. It tends to be much more high energy adrenaline rushing action. The weapons are quite powerful.

Your best bet on both is to download the demos. Both of the demos do a terrific job of letting you know what the game will be like. If you don't like one of the demos, you most likely will not like the game either.

Like I said, I've been playing JKII on-line lately and I'm part of the clan Redeemed. I've also been playing Freelancer quite a bit as well.

Cool!  I think you just helped me make up my mind to go out and grab JKII instead of UT2003.  I was really tempted to get it based on the various reviews I read, and I think this is the clincher.  The fact that someone I "know" is playing the game already that I can possibly team up with is even more appealing.  Besides, I've played the original UT alot already and I've heard the core gameplay is basically unchanged.  If I'm really dying for better graphics I'll whip myself up a nice image in photoshop and stare at it a while.  Unique gameplay is more appealing to me.  But who knows, I may get into both.
wink.gif

I think I'll give it a try.  I'll send you a message when I get it, maybe you can show me the ropes or introduce me to the clan.
tounge.gif
  Besides, I need to get a little Star Wars Gaming going to prime myself for the upcoming Star Wars Galaxies release, which I am anticipating greatly.  

Thanks for the reply!

Glad I could help.
smile.gif

There are some people on these boards who play UT2K3 as well.

I should have given you some links to some reviews. These are from the CCGR (Christian Computer Game Review) site.

Jedi Outcast
UT 2003

Welcome aboard. I too am waiting for SWG to come out and would be more than happy to create space for it as a new chapter on the website. You mentioned that you do webpages. Are you familiar with Cold Fusion? If you are interested in helping out with the website please let me know as I am in the process of getting the master todo list up on the Editors Guild web site and soliciting some help to get it complete.

Plank I sent you a PM in response. Hope you got it. Send me a message if not.

Received. I have some more updates to complete for the site this weekend but after that I might hit you up. Especially since I see you are interested in some of the other sites like JK2 which doesn't have much right now.

Back