Will you be buying/playing StarCraft II?

Will you be buying/playing StarCraft II ?

• It's too early to say, I'll wait until after Beta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
This is a poll just to gauge interest on how many people are interested in playing StarCraft II. I think this poll is a bit too early to give an accurate representation but I'm just curious how many people are already interested in trying it out.

I will definitely be trying out StarCraft II when Beta comes out, and I've been following the game somewhat closely, but I think it's a little too early to say whether I'll purchase it or not. There's still a lot of things to see for it, and while I do like some of the strategic changes to the maps and units and game mechanics, there are some that I'm a bit worried about. Anyway.. I've been thinking about getting a group together and playing and was just interested in knowing how many people may do the same.

I plan on buying StarCraft II at some point, but whether I pay full price or wait for a sale will depend on interest among Tribe of Judah members as well as initial reaction from reliable sources.

I'm waiting to decide how frustrated I'm going to be with Blizzard's decision to split the game across three releases until they announce pricing for the second and third "chapters" of the game.

I didn't have any issues with dropping the money on Brood War when it was released, in part because it was less expensive than the original game and in part because it clearly improved the multiplayer experience and added significantly to the single-player campaign.

The difference with SC2 is that Blizzard has announced prior to the release of the first "chapter" of SC2 that there will be two expansion packs. If they decide to charge $50 for each "chapter," then yes, I'll be upset, but if they charge $50 (which is the current industry standard for new AAA games) for the first game and $20 or $30 for each follow-up AND if each follow-up adds a reasonable amount of high-quality content, then I won't be nearly as upset about having to spend $110 total over the course of however many years it takes Blizzard to release the "full" game.

The inevitable StarCraft II Battle Chest will almost certainly represent a considerable discount off the combined price of all 3 releases, but I'd rather spend more money up front and have that much more time playing the game with a very active community than wait until activity dwindles and save money.

And if there are some good pre-order sales, well, that just throws the whole plan into disarray.

EDIT: And yes, I'm still upset about the lack of LAN play. I don't understand why Blizzard wouldn't add LAN play support to a game that will almost certainly be featured at tournaments and competitions. Maybe South Koreans will pressure Blizzard into adding LAN support when it seems Blizzard isn't listening to American gamers?

Last edited:
As of now, I plan for 2 games, since I already bought AvsP3.

I don't care what reviews or "missing" features it would have, as long as its playable.

Once I get the beta, I just hope it won't be as easy to beat someone than the Original. (Mass Carriers, Mass Zerglings, etc)

If Steam has it, then I'll pre-order there. Otherwise I'll wait till its released at Retail.

I'll probably get into the beta and ignore installing it.

Waiting on the Chaos expansion for DoW2 actually. >.>

Back