World without Beliefs

you were right arguing with you is useless you have no facts to support your claims and a closed mind

[b said:
Quote[/b] (4t0p @ Oct. 09 2003,1:26)]you were right arguing with you is useless you have no facts to support your claims and a closed mind
No just on this subject. I know first hand what alcoholism does and will never condone it. Sorry if you dont like that.

BigJ

Yes most world governments are "Secular", all accept those that are Islamic or Hindu. Only government that are "really" secular are European and The United States.

Islam is advancing even into Europe, France has a very large Islamic population. And your secular government tells you "It is only a small select few that give Islam a bad name" but you can go read the quran and it says that as when a contry has a large population of Islamics, then they should fight the "infideals"

Islam is raising in ALL "Secular Government" countrys, and they dont fight with words or polotics. They strap bombs onto themself and blow up YOUR little children.

So choose a secular government if you will, "All that evil need to triumph is for Christians to do nothing", Choose a Secular Government and you will make it even easier for this to become an ISlamic nation. Thats all we need, Islam incharge of the Greatest nation on earth.

I will choose to fight even if you are afraid to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 09 2003,8:29)]I am not going to search for a bunch of info on this. I am sure people do get addicted to the internet but I think such a thing should be easy to deal with. If I remember correctly isnt beer physically addicting? Like I said I dont rule the world nor will I ever so you can go and be happy and wobble around drunk all you like.
Really quick point on this.

I like having a beer with dinner now and then. Ditto with a glass of wine. I don't get "wobbly"

I am not addicted. Do some people get addicted? Yup. But you are proposing that we ban something for everyone when it is a problem for maybe 10%? By that method...well...gays are 10%...
;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Big J @ Oct. 09 2003,4:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 09 2003,8:29)]I am not going to search for a bunch of info on this. I am sure people do get addicted to the internet but I think such a thing should be easy to deal with. If I remember correctly isnt beer physically addicting? Like I said I dont rule the world nor will I ever so you can go and be happy and wobble around drunk all you like.
Really quick point on this.

I like having a beer with dinner now and then.  Ditto with a glass of wine.  I don't get "wobbly"

I am not addicted.  Do some people get addicted?  Yup.  But you are proposing that we ban something for everyone when it is a problem for maybe 10%?  By that method...well...gays are 10%...
;)
No I dont think I would try to reinstate prohibition. You guys seem to forget the way i said that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 09 2003,11:54)]Now alcohol has one purpose to get drunk on. Maby the occasional drink isnt bad I have no problem with that. However in many cases it gets out of control and turns to alcoholism. Therfore I do not see the purpose of drinking when it may very well get out of hand.
Jesus turned water to wine.

Paul said that it was good to drink a little wine with your meal.

With no offesne intended...if your family is alcoholic, I am sorry. Mine isn't. In MOST cases, drinking does not turn into alcoholism, let alone many as you said.

Eating can get out of hand...so maybe we should ban food? Or at least steaks...there is no purpose for a nice juicy steak...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 09 2003,12:18)]I do believe in drinking four ounces of red wine a night.

Your going to find debating this with me is usless the only way you are going to make me move is by proving drinking does not make you drunk and it is not addictive.
So...are you a drunk? Are you an addict? You say yourself you drink 4 oz red wine a night...

There is a sliding scale:
Red Wine
White Wine
Beer
for the health benifits. I could look it up, but I don't care that much.

Why don't YOU prove alcohol is "addictive" a positive is always easier to prove than a negative.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (www_rlxc_com @ Oct. 09 2003,1:20)]     I will choose to fight even if you are afraid to.
That was uncalled for.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Big J @ Oct. 09 2003,4:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 09 2003,12:18)]I do believe in drinking four ounces of red wine a night.

Your going to find debating this with me is usless the only way you are going to make me move is by proving drinking does not make you drunk and it is not addictive.
So...are you a drunk?  Are you an addict?  You say yourself you drink 4 oz red wine a night...

There is a sliding scale:
Red Wine
White Wine
Beer
for the health benifits.  I could look it up, but I don't care that much.

Why don't YOU prove alcohol is "addictive"  a positive is always easier to prove than a negative.
No I dont drink but I think that would be ok. I am not going to try to prove it because I dont wish to debate this I never did. If I wanted to take the time I could but I dont want to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 09 2003,3:28)]No I dont think I would try to reinstate prohibition. You guys seem to forget the way i said that.
see now as i remember you said

"I certainly wouldent let anyone drink beer if I was running the show"

Now I do believe that IS prohibition, you started the debate popdrinker Im just asking you to finish it out and not run away from it because you have nothing to back it up. You say you can support your claim, do it, provide me with links to journals or pamplets or something other than just your own personal opinion, its all I ask. I gave you a reference to JAMA, a well respected publication that I dont think anyone here is going to question the validity of, I would like for you to do the same that is all, when you do I'll be open minded enough to fairly assess the information you present

[b said:
Quote[/b] (4t0p @ Oct. 09 2003,8:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Oct. 09 2003,3:28)]No I dont think I would try to reinstate prohibition. You guys seem to forget the way i said that.
see now as i remember you said

"I certainly wouldent let anyone drink beer if I was running the show"

Now I do believe that IS prohibition, you started the debate popdrinker Im just asking you to finish it out and not run away from it because you have nothing to back it up. You say you can support your claim, do it, provide me with links to journals or pamplets or something other than just your own personal opinion, its all I ask. I gave you a reference to JAMA, a well respected publication that I dont think anyone here is going to question the validity of, I would like for you to do the same that is all, when you do I'll be open minded enough to fairly assess the information you present
The way I said it was in a if i ruled the world scenario. We are in a democracy however and I am not going to start a movment to reinstate it. Call it a blind conviction if you will. I am not running away I said form the beginning this is somthing I do not want to debate. ANy more posts on this issue I shall ignore.

Okay I'm simply taking that as you have a lack of evidence to support what you say and are running away from an arguement. As you seem to think that your opinion is so right I was simply asking for you to enlighten me in a way other than ONLY stating your belief. I truly am only trying to understand what you have to say.

Back