would this be called

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
ok my bro went to youth group for 6 years and unless my dad or my bro were sick, or we were outa town (no pun intented) my dad would drive my bro every tuesday. now my bro went to colloge and im now old enough to go to youth group. im even apart of the media team. now my dad will only take me 2x a month. and im kinda angry bout it and would this be considerd rightous anger??

not truly. since you are still a minor you should listen to what your dad says. God placed those in authority over us for a reason. You should see if your church provides bus service or if someone in the group would come get you.

thats the thing my mom wont allow anyone under 30 to drive me and theres noone who does that. and every other tuesday i take the bus out there and dad gives me ride back home

Nobody under THIRTY? Wow, dude, you should respect your elders - but there has to come a time when you stand on your own. In my country you reach your majority at 18. At 15 I was regularly travelling between UK and Germany alone.

Eon

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Jan. 06 2004,7:09)]ok my bro went to youth group for 6 years and unless my dad or my bro were sick, or we were outa town (no pun intented) my dad would drive my bro every tuesday. now my bro went to colloge and im now old enough to go to youth group. im even apart of the media team. now my dad will only take me 2x a month. and im kinda angry bout it and would this be considerd rightous anger??
I think the better question is why? Is there a reason that your parents won't drive you there more often?

If it is because they are tired, perhaps talk to other members...maybe another parent could take you? Or perhaps the leader of the group could? I mean, realistically, does the over 30 rule apply to everyone? I mean, if you go to your parents and say "Youth Pastor John has offered to take me every week, but he's 27. Would that be OK?"

Just a thought. (See, I'm not a total jerk...
wink.gif
)

Big J does have a point, ask your parents which of those that frequent the meetings would be able to take you. Also point out that you're trying to find a way to stay involved in the church since they no longer have the time (use time, even if you think there's another reason. It's more polite and respectful) to take you every week.

Eon-- here, you reach age at 18, and most things start to become lenient at around 16. But if memory serves our good friend Atown hasn't reached either of those milestones yet. Remember, me and you, we're old here
laugh.gif

lol. yeah the main reason is my dad is to tired and my mom has night blindness. though my dad has had the same job with same hours. and technically noone is able to take me since its 16 miles away and well our middle school group is about 75 kids and high school is 140. the prep work starts at like 2 and noone wants to drives 16miles to the island then back again then take me back home then drive back to poulsbo. and the 3 people that can bring me back to the island since they live here too are 19.

well you never know until you ask, would it be 2 bad if like maybe you went there after school and helped with prep work, and did your homework there??

i live on the island and im home schoold but my mom likes to keep everything as same as the other schools so i cant go anywhere till 3. even though theres really nowhere to go. and i forgot to metion that the 19 year olds are my home group leaders and my parents excuse their is that they dont want me in the care of teenagers
wow.gif
. even though i can check this place throughout the day its kinda like my recess.

Sad to say, but I remember reading somewhere that we have to respect our parents. ;)

Not being able be driven to youth group may suck, but you can still get there. If you have to ride the bus, make the most of the blessing. Read or pray and prepare for your evening of fellowship. Don't treat it as a totally negative experience.

I was in Russia a few years ago and the family in Moscow that I stayed with had to ride a bus, two trains and a trolley car to get to church each Sunday. It took them two hours each way, but they looked on it as a blessing. Time to just sit and think and meditate on God. I now have a one hour journey to work and back each day. I do more reading on the bus and train than at any other time in my day. Maybe you could look at this as a blessing?
rock.gif

auctually i do take this as a blessing cuz i get to sit and think and hum diffrent songs since i dont useally hear the full version since im doin powerpoint or doin the camera or somethin to pay full attention. but in a way i dont get that quality time with my father as my brother did. and yes u can have respect while being irratated with them. and i dont say angry becuase angry is to harsh unless rightous.

Back