WOW Guild seeking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amerc

WOW Guild seeking advice

Hello and God Bless!
I’m the Father "Amerc" of a Guild-master "Vandrith" and cofounder of "Blessed" guild on Emerald Dream on WOW.
We’ve been in existence for about a year and are starting to be fairly large around 200-toons which probably represents around 75-players.
My Son and I started this guild with some intentions of evangelizing but really haven’t spread the word.

The Guild was intentionally created to not be blatantly Christian so as to not scare away the non-Christian, so other than the name there is no hint of Christianity, other than some guidelines about profanity and being nice.

I guess I'm here for some prayer and some advice on how to gently evangelize our members. It’s not our intention to force non-Christians out, but rather try to gently convert them. Some of our members are a little rough around the edges so to speak, we do flush the ones that are just constantly rude. If some of the other mature members of this forum would like to join our Guild and help with this ministry it would be appreciated, we just want to be subtle about it. This is not intended to be a "Join our Guild" post but more of a call for ministry assistance. My son and I tend to be non-confrontive so we could use a little help on how to gently spread the word.

www.blessedguild.com

Pray for us sinners
Amerc

After I posted this I realized I didn’t indicate "Horde" side.
I would have edited the post if I could have, but as such I'll indicate it here.

Hello I am the guild leader of Mustard Seed Conspiracy which is the Horde guild that is affliated with Tribe of Judah here on the CGA forums. When I needed strong Christian officers, God had people already in places where it was easy for them to step into leadership. They answered God's calling in their lives, and I am very grateful for all of them.

Maybe starting a Bible study as a way to evangelize? That way people who were interested could attend, and it is not-threatening to those who do not wish to. It is also something that all members could be encouraged to attend to help people get to know each other.

Something that I've done is set a purpose for the guild. The purpose is to have fun while being a place for Christian fellowship. With that in mind, I try and spend a lot of time getting to know the members, meeting their needs in-game and otherwise, talking about how I see God working in my life, and of doing a lot of in-game events. Another example of a purpose is many guilds form for the purpose of becoming end-game guilds, so they focus all their activities on leveling the guilds members very quickly and getting their gear. What, in one sentence, is your purpose? Then make all of your decisions to follow that purpose.

Good luck!

Hello there, nice to hear about your cool WoW guild. I'm an officer in a ToJ-affiliated Guild Wars guild, and in our case we are a Christian guild and consist of only Christian members. However we have had other Christian guilds in our alliance which have allowed non-Christians to join.

Amerc, though I'm a Christian and I'm in favor of Christian evangelism, I think you should think carefully about whether evangelism should really become an official function of your guild and its leaders. I think it is an ethical necessity for a guild to serve its members and to stay true to the concepts that brought its members together. In my view it is fine for there to be some guilds with basic ethical standards but not a specifically Christian mission, such as yours has been - and I love the idea of individial members of such a guild, such as yourself, evangelizing on a personal basis or in conjunction with other Christians in the guild. But I'd just hate to see you drive away all but the Christian members of your guild by transforming your guild into an evangelistic machine, when being exclusively Christian and exclusively evangelistic wasn't what your guild was supposed to be all about. Just my own viewpoint - blessings to you and your guild and keep us updated on how things work out for you.

Paul

I am the guild master of Defiance on The Venture Co. What you do as a GM speaks louder than what you say. If you live a life of obedience to Christ, they will listen when the time comes. Pray that time will come. You cannot pray for them or yourself too much.

I recently had a chance to witness to one of my female members. She actually had a crush on me. I turned the conversation towards Christ. Turns out she is seeking God.

http://defiance.dkpsystem.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back