WoWAce Updater crashing?

Durruck

Pirate!
Has anyone else had problems with the latest version of the WoWAce Updater crashing? It seems that I can't run for more than 3 minutes before it bombs, even if I'm not doing focused on that window.

Sometimes I can get my mods updated before it fails, sometimes I can't. :/

Probably going to try a re-install, but wanted to check with you all before I did.

yes, it happens on my box but not Anita's. All I do is when I get the error window, I slide it over and finish my business ;) It doesn't go away until you respond to the Windows error.

I had that problem with a previous version. I then pulled down a new one from their website and problem fixed.

I have stuck with the last version that could be downloaded and installed directly (1.9.42.491). I have had no trouble with it at all.

Lately I have switched to the no-ad version, as the ads seemed to be causing a lot of delay in the startup. I don't have the link but the link can be found on www.wowace.com under alternatives to wowaceupdater. This is stand alone as well, so it doesn't integrate iteself into the windows api (hence it doesn't crash in the same way).

Back