Writing Assignment: Due 11/6 - REPOST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkelf

(Here's the contest once more - I will leave it open over this weekend for you weekend-writers to have a shot at it. Everyone's participation is strongly encouraged, both in the form of entries and critiques.)

For this week's contest, your character runs into someone she/he hasn't seen in a long time.

Please submit your entry of 300 words maximum through private pm to me (dorkelf). It will be re-posted to this thread anonymously. All who submit entries for the contest must also critique at least one other entry. See stickied threads for more details about entering and critiquing. Responses to this thread need to be directly related to the entries or the assignment (non-critique comments and complements about entries are fine).

Paul

Last edited:
Well, after no response to the repost it seems that nobody is interested in doing the writing contest at this particular time. If you wanted to enter but felt that the assignment for this week was either difficult or uninteresting, please let me know and I'll be happy to post something else. Otherwise I am going to put the contest on hold until someone requests otherwise.

Paul

This contest has expired, but please feel free to do an entry according to the guidelines at the beginning of this thread, and post it here directly rather than pm'ing it to me. The thread will remain open so others may very well follow suit, and if we get a couple of entries I might very well reopen the contest. PM me with any other questions you might have.

Paul

May I suggest posting the deadline with a good chunk of time in advance? Maybe a month? I seem to miss all of them :-( The next contest could be due December 11 (giving people the full weekend to cram).

Ok. :) I'll repost this assignment and leave it open for a month. I'm also going to remove the anonymous aspect of the contest, as an experiment. I fear that the necessity to pm me entries instead of posting them directly is somehow preventing certain people from participating.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back