WvW Thursday @ 7pm EST/Saturday @ 2pm EST

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
Just quick note (sorry about posting later in the week); trying something a little different here. Queue times and server errors have had a lot of people waiting for a while just to not be able to get in, and many people do not queue until the event starts. WvW is an easy place to come and go, and so I'm throwing it on the schedule for 2 hours early on Thursday. I won't be on until about 9pm EST, so don't wait for me; get in there and kill stuff! I'm sure someone will be on that knows what's going on, and if not just follow folks. :) I will also not be able to make it at all on Saturday, but throwing that out there anyway.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm wondering if we should even do WvW tomorrow. Queues are terrible (~1hr), and we've pretty much owned the whole map. This would make it difficult for us to all get in there. It might be a good day to try the jumping puzzle again, but again that'd require us all queuing. Maybe play it by ear and see if maybe there are some things to do on a borderlands? Anyone have any thoughts/preferences? Should we play it by ear, do something else in the meantime, etc?

Last edited:
I'm not sure of my availability tomorrow night yet, so I am open to whatever and I'll will just try and jump in when I can.

An idea would be to choose a borderland and queue up for it (should be less than EB) and do the jumping puzzle there. I can't be on until almost 10PM on Thursdays, but I'll jump on once I'm home.

Basing this a bit off of an idea from Teran, but maybe we should just pick a zone. I won't be on super early and it's hard to say how much of the map will be ours..but if someone could scout ahead and find an area that has some action, we could just camp and hold a spot as our own. If a keep is missing supply, we go get it. If it's missing upgrades, we consider upgrading it (though maybe not since it is day before reset, lol). I'd like to be somewhere that we don't have 100% of the map so it's a bit interesting.

If folks could please encourage others to queue early, that'd be great. Even if not planning to WvW yet, people could queue hours before and simply re-queue when it pops if they're not ready to enter yet. I think part of our issue was the late start time and everyone trying to queue in at once. Should be much easier if we trickle in, and I'd love for things to be well underway before I get there. :)

Also, I've saved up a good bit of siege plans over the last week. I'm sitting on two siege golems, and a bunch of ballistae/arrow cart/trebs/catas. If others are interested, I'd like to plan a siege with the rest of our server. I think our mistake 2 weeks ago was that we just went and tried to do it alone, even if there were 15-20 of us. I believe we would be much better served to request additional troops prior to an attack. Then we can send out a team of 6 to attack a supply on the other side of the map about 5 minutes before going after our target.

When I saw that SoR was dominating I was going to suggest a jumping puzzle as well. I was thinking the central one, since it's so much more significant than the borderlands, but there is the queue issue. I need to update my gear when I first get on, but I'll try to get queued up and do some scouting before 9pm.

I'll be on my Mesmer, for what it's worth. I think I've bought Portal at this point, but haven't used it at all yet.

Borderlands jumping puzzles have been bugged for some time. I haven't checked since the strange domination effect, but I've seen reference to them being bugged in chat while doing the EB puzzle.

Back