xenoblade is.awesome!!

Logos

Now why couldn't they prodiuce games like this early on instead near the end for NA. The last story is anotther one I am excited about. :)

Now why couldn't they prodiuce games like this early on instead near the end for NA. The last story is anotther one I am excited about. :)
In all fairness, the game released in June 2010 in Japan--almost two years before a North American release. My going theory is that someone at Nintendo of American hates someone at Monolithsoft. It's the last rational explanation for NoA for refusing to localize Soma Bringer and dragging their heels in localizing Xenoblade. I wish Nintendo would just give Monolithsoft a briefcase full of cash and let them go so Atlus or XSEED could localize their future projects in a timely manner.

As for why it took until mid-2010 to release a game like Xenoblade: The game is massive and Monolithsoft isn't the type of studio to rush a product. Also, games released later in a console's lifecycle tend to squeeze more out of the hardware and avoid the awful gimmicks that plague console launch titles. Developers take time to learn what the hardware can do and how to make the most of it. Compare the graphics in Super Mario World and Seiken Densetsu 3 (one of the greatest action RPGs ever but unfortunately canceled before being localized as Secret of Mana 2).

As for why it took until mid-2010 to refine JRPG design? Sheer Japanese developer stubbornness. Soma Bringer features some of the same, "This mechanic is so simple and practical that I can't believe no one did it before and it's baffling why no one else has done it since" features that make Xenoblade so enjoyable.

Last edited:
Back