Xtreme

Odale

Earlier today i called two of my friends because i wanted to have a lan party.  One of them was Colbi.  I called Stephen, the other guy who then told me to call colbi.  As it turns out he is in Tennesse on a church trip.  A few hours later i go to the CGA main page where i see a post about the Xtreme trip and what it is.  A few minutes ago i visit a site of someone else on the boards.  His site said that he had lived a life he didnt approve of and is now a devout Christian, the site later said that he was going on the Xtreme trip on Dec. 27.  I am pretty sure that Colbi is at the Xtreme trip right now.  And i wanted to know from the people that went, what it is.
smile.gif

laugh.gif

I have lived in a Christian family all my life- I dont know what the outside looks like. I want to know Why i am a Christian and Why it matters. I am proud to be a Christian, but dont exactly know why.
smile.gif

Hey Odale. I was in Pigeon Forge during that last day of the conference, however, my college church retreat was not going to the Xtreme Conference. We had just rented a log cabin in the mountains to celebrate New Years
biggrin.gif

I was the one who posted the article about Xtreme.

I was in Pigeon Forge.

Just think if you don't know why your a proud Christian what are you truly standing for? Do you even know what you stand for?

You stand for those 9 inch nails that pierced that flesh on that Friday morning roughly 2000 years ago. You stand for a peace that will calm the world.

You stand for the Son of God who had no place to lay his head.

Truly you stand for the King of Kings, the Holy of all Holy's. It's hard to stand for Him, because so many things are connected. But I guarantee you, it is so much worth standing.

Now my words do no justice to what He is at all. He is so much more than any man can ever describe Him. I'll put my life on the line about that.

ah. in my opinion, and what i think most ppl think, athiesm means, something can come of nothing. and i believethat's not possible. read my primoridalsoup topic which was very confusing to me.

Thanks guys!
smile.gif

EDIT!~~~~~
Im at work and i cant talk very long, appreciate it Phix and Silent. Talk to you soon Colbi.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Odale @ Jan. 01 2005,1:53)]I have lived in a Christian family all my life- I dont know what the outside looks like.  I want to know Why i am a Christian and Why it matters.  I am proud to be a Christian, but dont exactly know why.
smile.gif
I have thought on this question since yesterday!

God in His infinite grace and mercy has provided a way of Salvation for us. He loves us beyond what we can ever comprehend. John 3:16

We have a home in Heaven with Him.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:12

I think the "why's" being a Christian are summed up in the two greatest Commandments:

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22: 37 - 40

Lastly:

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. Psalm 1:1

An honest preacher will tell you that sin is a BLAST!

...but only for a season! The separation from God...the scars...the pain...
Look at a Christian who perhaps felt as you do. Who doesn't get discouraged? To me, looking at someone who separated themselves from the world, who kept themselves pure until marriage...there is a visible difference. Yes, God forgives sin and will bless those who seek Him, but I feel there are even more blessings for those who stay by the stuff! You aren't missing a thing on the outside! Continue to grow in the LORD and you will make a difference for the outside world by lovingly leading them to Christ. A faithful, separated, Christian that loves Him and others...believe me, people can see the difference! God will use you greatly!

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Matthew 8: 36 & 37

While it should not be our reason for being a Christian, being a Christian has many benefits. If we stop and think, and praise Him for all He has done, the list will flood our hearts. Besides being a part of the family of God, there are multitudes of benefits!

Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. Psalm 68:19

Back