Your favorite zone

Icthus

I was thinking we need a good discussion. So, I was wondering what is everyone's favorite zone and why? Then you can add your least favorite zone and why?

Starting off since I do not have really high level characters my favorite zone was most likely the Scarlet Monistary. Even though it is like a billion miles away, I really enjoyed the theme, loot, bosses and quests.

My least favorite has to be STV. I hate the way it lays out. It is very difficult to traverse. I think it is silly to have horde and alliance using the same base camp for so many quests: the hunters camp if you are wondering. To top all of it off you have booty bay need I say more?

My favorite spot would have to be Tanaris. I liked the quests that were done there, and I like the PvP that i can get into now ;) Also I like warmer weather, and it reminds me of that. Stranglethorn would aslo have to be my least favorite. It'll a very big area and a lot of the quests have you run from top to bottom, maybe just to talk to someone. I got really tired of getting ganked also :p

favorite zone is probably going to be Marodauron in desolace (the instance) and my least favorite zone will have to be uldaman, horrible mob locations, junky loot really, and just not that fun of an instance (except maybe the indiana jones part)

I've had fun in all the zones, and all the instances so far. Each zone has been unique, with its own challanges, beauty and charm.

The one zone that made me really go wow, they did this excellent is the Un'Goro creator. You get an awesome sense of lushness tropicanna while in there. The colour are vivid and the background sounds of the birds and wildlife just simply draws you into it. The numurous raptors, Giant T-Rex's and stegasaurii give this place an ancient and un-touched feel to it. Adding to the excitement of the area is the fact the town is shared by both the alliance and the hord. There is one particular quest in there that really piqued my interest, the infamous linken quest. The quest has about 13 parts to it and takes you all over the Kalimdor continent, with stops in Feralas, Winterspring, Tanaris and Felwood. This quest alone gained me 80% of level 52 or 53.

As for least favourite area, that would be handsdown, sithilis. It is dreary and it is incomplete, to say the least. Only a handfull quests exist in this area designated as level 55 and higher. At least only a handful existed when I ventured there. So there hasn't been much use for me to go there.

My favorite countries where all my best memories are would have to be Loch Modan, Stranglethorn Vale, Duskwood, and Hillsbrad Foothills.

Other favorite locations of mine would have to be the Dun Modr bridge in northern Wetlands, Maruadon, and the Scarlet Monestary.

My least favorite places right now would have to be Searing Gorge and Uldaman.

My favorite zone(s) are: Duskwood, Tirisfal Glades/Silverpine Forest/Scarlet Monestary and Ashenvale. Duskwood because there is a sort of back story there... the undead are comming and they want to feed on the inhabitants of Darkshire. Duskwood is unlike Redridge because Redridge has no back story (in my opinion anyway). And you also get ganked more in Redridge. Tirisfal Glades and the Silverpine Forest are pretty eerie places for noob's leveling place. It has a giant back story... the Humans used to call that home! Then the Scourge took it over and now they call it home. Scarlet Monestary is an awesome place, a magnificent and believeable instance. You dont have evil troggs walking around, they are all human and that reality really makes it my favorite instance so far. Ashenvale just looks really cool, and not to mention the Night Elves are my favorite race.

My least favorite zones are: Badlands, Barrens, Tanaris, Dun Morogh, Gnomer., Redridge, Westfall and Mabye STV. The reasons i do not like these zones is that they are either too flat and packed with mobs or you get ganked entirely too much. STV and Dun Morogh are different. STV you might not get ganked alot if you are playing at the right hours. And in Dun Morogh i feel cold and occasionally get blinded by the snow, which is EVERYWHERE. I hate the cold.

Hmm. For now, at my level, Ashenvale is my favorite zone. I'm still trying to help the elven people who have ancient elvin ruins as well as a good elvin presence. Its also a good crossroads and at times a vicious PvP battleground. So its quite fun and interesting. Always gotta be on the toes!

I really enjoyed Dun Morogh I loved the look as you kicked up snow in your wake the layout was nice and lets you do lots of quests each run till you turn them all in. My favorite instance I think is Dire Maul it just has this awesome look to it and while being very difficult at first you realize it just requires some strategy.

I Also really liked Tanaris, and STV, and Elwynn Forest the hole area felt like a real society could have existed there not just placed down to make a new area in the game.

I really hated Searing Gorge and Badlands there weren't any real cities and you had to run all over the place just to get the quests before even starting. It also felt very desolate and lonely much like Desolace that I don't care much for.

My favourite place has to be Scarlet Monastery...i just love that place and that is why i spend a lot of time there hehe. I would have to say that i find stv beautiful as well (minus the ganking).

I didn't like barrens too much (playing horde)..i find it umm well too barren lol.

.seek.

i dont like brd. the place is huge and so twisty and turny i have a hard time navigating it. and it seems like there is hardly anyone who knows how to do the quests there or where to go. its just always a mess and to make things worse there is still quite a bit i need to do there.

my favorite place if the farm above IF near the airport. its so cool there i want to settle down when i get older there. am i crazy for wanting to do that? odale who are we gonna put in that stright jacket.....?

Cammandus said:
i dont like brd. the place is huge and so twisty and turny i have a hard time navigating it. and it seems like there is hardly anyone who knows how to do the quests there or where to go. its just always a mess and to make things worse there is still quite a bit i need to do there.
Pshaw, I knew every part of BRD like the back of my hand.

As for favorite place, I'd go for the nostagic moments I had of Teldrassil and Redridge. Or MC.

Too late, I already uninstalled WoW to keep myself from signing on. If you need to know where something is or how to do a quest I guess I could give directions, just let me know what it is you need.

Back