Your Open Beta Experience so far...

JonZenor

Tell us about your experience in the Open Beta.

Mine is less than I was hoping for. :( Been trying to get a Beta key since they started releasing them last night, but the site has been down so I have not been able to get one. I finally got the game to finish patching and show a login screen, but when I go to the website to get a beta key I am greeted with the message

Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again.

So yeah... So far SE has left a very bitter and annoying taste in my mouth.... Anybody having a better experience?

That error goes away randomly...people are still getting keys...I spent about 4 hours refreshing the pages of 2 computers...and am now at it again... :p ...that is my experience so far...

I have seen this page probably over 500 times...no exaggeration...
Applications for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test have been temporarily suspended. Please wait until we are ready to accept new applications and then try again.

Last edited:
I was hoping for more hair options. xD

They need to streamline characters popping into view, I believe that's what chugs the game a lot when moving into new areas (talking like 40 people near one of those Aethyrite crystals) since it's downloading their look.

The mouse lags. >=|

The game lags. >=| (I can max out every game I own though. :()

It looks great even on Medium graphics. :D

Works with my 360 controller, only really using Map, Auto-Run, Yes/No, and emote list. Need a better layout though.

Pugilist is a lot of fun and looks neat! ^_^

It's awkward to not hear any voices in the later cutscenes/dialogue. o.o

Intro movie had a neat surprise when you begin running. xD

It's neat having French, Japanese, German, etc. players on one server. Not sure how to use that translator though.

Map could use more vendor icons.

Other than the lag, I'm enjoying the game a lot. ^___^

I was hoping for more hair options. xD

They need to streamline characters popping into view, I believe that's what chugs the game a lot when moving into new areas (talking like 40 people near one of those Aethyrite crystals) since it's downloading their look.

The mouse lags. >=|

The game lags. >=| (I can max out every game I own though. :()

It looks great even on Medium graphics. :D

Works with my 360 controller, only really using Map, Auto-Run, Yes/No, and emote list. Need a better layout though.

Pugilist is a lot of fun and looks neat! ^_^

It's awkward to not hear any voices in the later cutscenes/dialogue. o.o

Intro movie had a neat surprise when you begin running. xD

It's neat having French, Japanese, German, etc. players on one server. Not sure how to use that translator though.

Map could use more vendor icons.

Other than the lag, I'm enjoying the game a lot. ^___^

The mouse lag has been an issue, but I have never really had the game lag on me in closed beta...however...you have to understand the servers are under heavy stress at the moment...the game will start lagging less...my machine is not top of the line and at almost highest settings I had no lag...even when coming up on a camp of 50+ people...so give it a few days... :)

Back