Tribe of Judah History

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
While chatting with Corpfox last night, I began to think over Tribe of Judah's (nearly) seven-year history and indulged in a bit of nostalgia. I found a file named "toj-history.txt" on my computer, which I had intended to post to the ToJ web site but never did.

The information below was compiled from various sources. Some is written in third-person perspective, some in second-person.

Whether you're "old school" or a recent addition to ToJ, I think this will be an interesting read.
On May 18, 1999, he posted a call for interested Christian players at the War Room, a popular Battle.net forum, and received several responses. Winds of the Past, a member of the Infoceptor staff, posted a link to the invitation to aid the effort of the beginning Christian clan.
On May 19, 1999, he drafted a charter for the clan, and issued it to interested parties. Interest continued, and he began the Tribe of Judah discussion group at eGroups.
On May 20, 1999, several members joined the group, and thus officially joined the Tribe of Judah. The need for a website was quickly realized, and work on a prototype was begun.
On May 26, 1999, Tek7 uploaded the first sneak peek to Geocities. Shortly thereafter, he moved the site to ClanSite.
On October 20, 1999, Tribe of Judah administration decided to expand the ToJ name to other computer games.
On January 3, 2000, Tek7 moved the Tribe of Judah Starcraft Chapter web site to ClanPages.

October 20, 1999 - I first publicly announced my question as to found a Half-Life chapter or not on this date. I decide at this time not to start the chapter.
November 4, 2000 - I pose the question about founding a chapter based on a violent game (Unreal Tournament) again.
November 7, 2000 - I hold a poll asking whether ToJ members want to form an Unreal Tournament chapter or not. We found the Unreal Tournament chapter later that month.
April 20, 2001 - Half-Life chapter opens
October 2001 - Dark Age of Camelot chapter is founded

September 10, 2002 - Battlefield 1942 chapter enters "Forming" status
October 2002 - BF1942 chapter goes active

Nov 4, 1999 - Starcraft chapter Yahoo Group founded
Nov 10, 1999 - Tetrinet chapter Yahoo Group founded
Jul 17, 2000 - Age of Kings chapter Yahoo Group founded
Nov 30, 2000 - Unreal Tournament chapter Yahoo Group founded
Apr 11, 2001 - Half-Life chapter Yahoo Group founded
Oct 8, 2001 - Dark Age of Camelot chapter Yahoo Group founded
Apr 12, 2002 - Quake 3 chapter Yahoo Group founded
Jun 13, 2002 - Warcraft III Yahoo chapter Group founded
Sep 10, 2002 - Battlefield 1942 chapter Yahoo Group founded
Aug 27, 2002 - Neverwinter Nights chapter Yahoo Group founded
Aug 27, 2002 - Medal of Honor: Allied Assault chapter Yahoo Group founded
Jun 13, 2002 - Jedi Knight II chapter Yahoo Group founded

October 19, 1999 - Tiberian Sun chapter founded

03-28-2002 (March 2002) - Tribe of Judah web site moves to toj.cc

CHAPTER COUNTS:

2001-02-21
Age of Kings
Starcraft
Tetrinet
Unreal Tournament

2001-05-16
Age of Kings
Half-Life
Starcraft
Tetrinet
Unreal Tournament

CHAPTERS CONSIDERED:

Everquest
Red Alert 2
Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Tiberian Sun
The information trails off after late 2002, but with some time on the forums, I believe I could reconstruct ToJ's history from 2003 forward. I also have thousands of e-mails, dating back to ToJ's establishment in May 1999, that can help fill in the gaps.

To continue the recording of our history, here's a sort of "timestamp" as we prepare for the upcoming Real-time Strategy Section and consideration of new chapters.

Chapter list, April 9, 2006:
Active
  • Age of Empires Series
  • Battlefield Series
  • Dark Age of Camelot
  • Guild Wars
  • Half-Life Series
  • Unreal Tournament Series
  • World of Warcraft
Inactive
  • Neverwinter Nights
  • StarCraft
  • WarCraft III
  • Xbox Live
If, while browsing the forums or your own e-mail accounts, you come across an important date in ToJ history, please post it to this thread.

I don't have any dates, but when we gained and when we lost our server would be good entries. I'll see if I can dig up some UT and Q3 related "points of note"....

The earliest Guild Wars post was April 23, 2005 so I assume that is roughly when the GW chapter began. Also, the SoE website went up on May 1st, 2005. So....

April 14, 2005: Guild Wars Chapter begins

May 1, 2005: GW Chapter Website goes live

Well, I did more research and found that Spirit of Elijah was actually started by Gideon Whitestar and SilverSand as its own guild. WildBillKickOff contacted them and on April 14th, WildBill told Tek that they were now Tribe of Judah's GW chapter with Gideon Whitestar, SilverSand, and WildBillKickOff as the leaders.

Last edited:
Server box went down June 2005, not sure of exact date. And i wasnt around for when it went online :p

How about when we actually had a cal-o team or even when there was an a-team and b-team for counterstrike

you come across an important date in ToJ history, please post it to this thread.

Not a true importance, but maybe some insights that I was a ToJ'er.

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 - request to join the Tribe of Judah has been approved.

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 - resigned from ToJ via email to Tek7 & Rizz

Is the Christian Gamers Alliance Prayer Newsletter still active?

How about when we actually had a cal-o team or even when there was an a-team and b-team for counterstrike

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=521&highlight=A-Team
http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=587&highlight=A-Team

http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/search.php?searchid=38807&pp=25&page=3

/bump

This is your friendly neighborhood moderator, bumping this thread for the 8th anniversary of Tribe of Judah.

Back