Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Paragon

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Dervish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
Vote for your favorite profession and then post explaining why.

Mine is a monk. I love helping others and this is the profession for that. I'm fairly good at it, which helps a lot, and it's fun to always be wanted :p.

Last edited:
My favorite is warrior, cause they are smack dab in the middle of the fight. You are always in the action, whether you are pulling or going in first.

I enjoyed Paragon when I played. Uber buffs, and the enemies are always on fire. xD

Hmm, I guess I won't vote. I enjoy playing a Warrior, Elementalist and Assassin. Not sure I could choose between them.

I started with a Ranger and also played a Warrior and Derv. I created a Rit and Assassin as well. My favorite, however, has been playing an Elementalist. I love the little yellow numbers! I do fire most often, but I like playing a Water Ele when the need arises. The rest are relegated to being mules and getting Victory Tokens.

Monk. Hands-down. No team can survive without at least one (unless it's one of those cheap gimmick build teams). Unfortunately, monks are also usually the scapegoats in the event of a party wipe. Either way, isn't it nice to have divine favor, even when the world doesn't have the "favor of the gods?"
xD

I'd have to say Assassin...of course this is coming from a person who now only does PvP. Just the sheer killing power and speed of an assassin can destroy teams in seconds. Plus, being able to teleport to your enemy is a nice bonus.

I voted for Elementalist because he is my favorite character to play - I love fire damage and have been playing with an Terra Tank. BUT it was hard not to vote for my Monk. Like Stc95, I enjoy the support role or I can convert to Smiter and have a Holy Damage blast. BUT my first was my Warrior - a hammering brute - always in the fray - it was hard not to vote for my first born. A fun poll.

I say Mesmer, not much that is more entertaining than watching an enemy cast themself to death, other than watching a Monk cast themself to death.

I voted for necro because there are soooo many different directions that you can take it. Blood Magic lets you attack and self-heal in one awesome stroke. Curses lets you do way fun AoE. Death gets the minions going (although I eventually delegated the micro-managing to Olias). And you're recharging all the while through Soul Reaping. And if you get tired of those, use SR to power up any secondary profession you care for (I'm currently running around with a sword and a pet jackal).

As for role-playing, you can make a blood-sucking vampire, a plague-bearing angel of judgement, or a curse slinging prophet. What's not to love? Plus what's a more Christian activity than raising the dead?

My Favorite is the Warrior, Always has been. :) Its not just being the one to deal a lot of spike damage, its being the guy who saves the Monks, elementalist...Well the rest of the casters butt because of the high damage output. Plus I can take a lot of damage, even Paragons and Dervish can't take the damage a warrior can. ;)

Magnus Kingmaker. My main char is almost done with Nightfall and will have defeated all the campaigns. :D

Mesmer, definitely.

It's not an easy profession, but I love being able to defeat others simply with the power of my mind. Distraction, migraine, backfire, diversion, ignorance, empathy, shame, frustration, clumsiness… It's just so fun to mess with the enemy and use their own mind against them!

I voted for warrior, naturally. I love being able to spam Defy Pain (less damage, more health ftw!), Lion's Comfort, Whirling Attack, and Save Yourselves! all in one build. I also love Warrior's Endurance - I can make a purely energy build with that and be fine with energy. Talk about spike damage!

lol I never got the Trogdor reference... that's neat - spell Trogdor backwards and you get Rodgort (Mark of Rodgort and Rodgort's Invocation).

I am the solo vote for ranger. My ele has played all the way through each campaign but my little survivor ele that I never take out for fear of dying is just too much fun.

Woo Ppar!! Now all we need is a Dervish and we have a full house! :p

Rit. because they can heal, summon, attack, and enchant in one whole profession due to their spirits and enchantment spells.

Back