Cube World

I've been keeping an eye on this - it looks cool. I also went in on the kickstarter for Stonehearth which looks like it has a similar feel with more emphasis on town building.

I can NOT wait for this game to be released!!! I do hope they add massive multiplayer support in addition to the planned 2-4 players.

Multiplayer 3D Dot Game Heroes +1?

Yes, please.

I've been keeping an eye on this - it looks cool. I also went in on the kickstarter for Stonehearth which looks like it has a similar feel with more emphasis on town building.

Thanks for the mention of Stonehearth! That game looks awesome as well. Will be watching them both very closely. :)

Many people have no idea how far voxel and procedural generated games could be taken even with just current technology. I can see it though and have for a long while. Here is hoping I make it before someone else does XD.

Last edited:
Love this:

Infinite Worlds

A main feature of Cube World is the random world generation. In contrast to many games, worlds are not designed by a level designer, but generated procedurally by the game using math and random numbers. The result is an endless world (nearly endless, i.e. players can't reach the borders), so players can explore new landscapes all the time.

Players can generate their own worlds by specifiying one single number, the seed. The same seeds result in exactly the same world, so players can share their worlds with friends by telling them their seeds.

Worlds are generated on-the-fly while playing, so there are neither long precomputations nor huge save files at the beginning.

No borders

There are no artificial borders. You can literally reach each cube the world is made of. If you see a mountain on the horizon, you can climb that mountain. If you see a tree, you can climb on top of the tree. At least if your climbing skill is good enough. :)

Landscapes

Cube World consists of different lands with varying climates and themes. There are grasslands, snowy landscapes, wide oceans, dangerous lava lands, jungles, and deserts. Landscapes are full of mountains, caves, rivers, lakes, forests, rocks, dungeons, castles, ruins, catacombs, temples, villages, and more.

Demo for Cube World is supposed to be out this coming week, with a discounted open Alpha released shortly thereafter. Beta will be a higher price than the Alpha, and final release more than beta.

I hope it will be like Minecraft where you get a discounted game and get to keep it!

Straight from their page:

https://picroma.com/cubeworld said:
The alpha will be available for a lower price than the beta version and the final version. We're planning to release updates regularly. Updates are free.

The developers have stated that this game will sell for a low Indie price.

Back