A quick note for all you political activists.

rizz

Good morning people, I am just writing a quick post since i woke up this morning to see a huge number of political threads (and about as many infraction reports!) in my new posts.

Having political debate is not against the TOS, but i do ask that while you may be passionate about something, please remember where you are and what you represent before posting. Think before you post, avoid get heated and attacking a person for their views. Try to remain objective and calm when posting. Scan through what you have written (especially if its a copy/paste from somewhere else) and make sure you are not in danger of a TOS violation. Just take more care when posting.. please.

That said, go for it.. Since i know literally nothing about UK politics i certainly wont be looking through the USA politics threads, but i am sure you are all mature enough to conduct yourself in a decent manner :D

Here here. Im not an American so I don't have an overly large investment in the political debates. Having said that I do have a vested interest in the way CG is seen to conduct itself.

Remember that this forum is easily accessed by anyone in the world and that your post represent us all and to some degree the faith in which we believe.

In all fairness, a lot Americans take their politics very seriously, and always have. I think the majority of those who enjoy their politics could be a little more civil, and a little less "Oh, I could NEVER associate with a conservative" or "Oh, the liberals are all amoral and cowards" but that's just how it is sometimes. Politics is always a sensitive subject, especially given the way things have been lately in the US. Some people's personal situations do make them a bit more passionate about issues during elections and it's very hard to not get worked up over some things. From all the political threads I've seen on various forums, it is by far MUCH MUCH more civil and respectful here than anywhere else, as it should be. So I guess in comparison to say, Penny Arcade, the political threads here are VERY tame.

Having political debate is not against the TOS, but i do ask that while you may be passionate about something, please remember where you are and what you represent before posting. Think before you post, avoid get heated and attacking a person for their views. Try to remain objective and calm when posting. Scan through what you have written (especially if its a copy/paste from somewhere else) and make sure you are not in danger of a TOS violation. Just take more care when posting.. please.
QFT.

You guys are great, but some of you are about as subtle as a brick to the head.

Tone it down, take a deep breath, and remember that every post you make represents the Christian Gamers Alliance and, more importantly, represents Christianity.

Back