A trip to the past

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
With the upcoming Dragon Festival, I should max out my Sweet Tooth title and finally acquire GWAMM and I already have 50/50 in my HoM, which leaves very little for me to do in GW anymore. However I came up with an idea a few days ago that should prove interesting. My alternate account in SOE only has Prophecies. It was my thought to roll a profession I haven't really played before and roll through Prophecies.

Now it won't be like the Prophecies of old as skills have changed and the influence of Factions and Nightfall and Eye of the North have impacted the "norm." But I won't have heroes, only Core/Prophecies skills, only Prophecies armor, henchmen, no jumping to EotN to farm up to level 20, no money or weapons from my other account, it's a fresh start. It'll be as old school as possible as a Warrior/Ranger trying to save Ascalon back when GW was young.

Last edited:
I'm all for you doing this. My recent delve back into pre-searing Ascalon was fun, profitable (I have 95 gifts of the huntsman just waiting to be opened up for booze/sweet points, not to mention a whole Charr bag full of dyes), and enlightening (nothing like hitting a level 0 Aloe Seed for over 300 damage...I love being an ele).

Ahh but see im not doing just Pre. I'm already in Post searing Ascalon about to do the Wall. I'm going to try and avoid those additions like Nick and consumables that werent in the original release of GW in 2005

Does that include making all of the old errors too?;) Sounds like fun. I am still trying to gain one more Legendary Survivor using old rules.

I need a good guide for GW that I can use to help me in my journey. :) To be honest all of you talking about starting "over" makes me feel bad because I haven't even finished prophecies...LOL

Congrats on the 50/50 HoM. I'm at 45 and hopefully will reach 50 before GW2 comes out. I'll end up short on GWAMM though which I don't mind. I've begun a pre-searing warrior gunning for LDoA but it's all secondary because I can reach 50 without it.

Taking in respect that of course there is A LOT of titles, and other stuff...how long would you say it takes for someone to achieve most of the vital titles for HoM? Not that I even have a chance at 50/50... :p

Ok talk about trip to the past, I blew the budget, and took money out of my GW2 savings and bought the GW Trilogy while Steam had it on sale for 14.99. So I have bare nekkid account with no skill unlock packs, no extra storage panes, no costumes, no bonus packs, nada, zip, nuttin'. Now in the middle of placating a bunch of wild yahoos in my first account, now I have a second account starting from scratch. Now there is pain fer ya, learning to do it the hard way all over again.

Back