ABout reviewing games.....

Dr. Tek

Alrite, I've said a few games that I would review for the site, XIII, diablo 1 nad 2, and something else, but I havent found anything stating exactly the review/rating standards, how that is done.  Just wondering if any of you could let me know before I get to writing them, or are these ratings based more off of the reviewers opinion then off of set criteria?

mention game play, graphics, sound and appropriateness ratings, and maybe somethin on storyline but thats about it

I thought that, but wasnt sure if there were exact requirments, like it has to have this quailty of gfx for a B, or so much play time for, well, that type of stuff, lol. Guess I should get started on them, got a few games that I have I can review that arent on the site yet. Thx for the info, btw.

well yeah u have to mention wether it is a f through a+. and adding in the game time in gameplay is always good.

use your judgement on the requirements. just try not to be biased
smile.gif

Do you have to claim a review before you submit one, and how?  I'm thinking about writing a few reviews, but I don't want to steal someone else's review.

Oh btw, I will do it for free.  
smile.gif

You do if you think some one else may want ot do it, and if so, claim it here or at the site, click on archives and post a thread in the Claim Game Review section. Do you need to, not really, it hust prevents others from doing one before you if you are not planning on getting to it for a while.

Ok that's cool.  I'll try to get to it soon.

Hmm... I didn't see a Claim Review forum. Could you possibly post a link? Thanks.

Thanks. It keeps saying that I'm not logged in though, and I can't seem to log in.

Do I have to register for the site separately than the forum?

Yes. CCGR is a separate site from this one (CGA), and requires its own username/password. There are forums on the CCGR site, but our main hangout is here on CGA.

Oh, ok. Just one more question... Honest...
wink.gif
Where do you get the pictures to submit for the review? Do you capture them yourself or leech from IGN or something?

I usually capture my own but if a review isn't submitted with them I borrow from another site

Most games have a buit in screen shot key, if not, gfx programs like PSP and photoshop have a screen capture utility. If the game looks decent while playing on your machine, you can get an equally good screenshot.

oooh concole if it's ps or gameboy I nab screenies from emulator, or get from makers site or another site off the web.

Ok, cool. Thanks! I'll try to start reviewing soon. I've just been pretty busy with school. I'll try to review something this weekend.

Back