After CS 1.6, assuming CS 1.7/CZ is subscription

After CS 1.6, assuming CS 1.7/CZ is subscription - Where do we go from here boyz?

• Halo PC

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • American Army

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (state the game and link please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Allanon

Lets assume for a moment that Valve completely loses their mind and they decide that 1.6 is the last "free" version. They decide that CS 1.7 and Condition Zero (and HL 2) is subscription-based. What other game would you want to play online? Post your thoughts and comments.

looks like Hawk read my mind (this was going to be my next poll), but lets hear it guys!

America's Army = uber...
Battlefield 1942 as well...

I voted American Army. I haven't played it yet but I'm downloading it right now

Alright...I download AA and I've only played the training, but it's really choppy and laggy. Any way I can fix this?

Boyz, U B lookin' at an Americas Army man... seriously, it's the best game yet. Got it, play it, and I'm fully qualified in every training course they have to offer, including sniper and medic. For medic, you have to sit through 3 seminars, complete with Multi-choice exams, and perform a field test.  ...I love being a sniper and a medic.  I hereby reserve the right
wink.gif

Best part about this game, is that I can actually play and kill people on a 56K modem.  That's a big cheer for *me*. I've been playing this game online and LOVING it. The people are fantastic for the most part too because
A) It's 'honor' based, so people are much more unwilling to TK,
B) ROE: They rock and people lose honor and/or get kicked, voted off, or banned if they break them.
B) Seems like it attracts serious people, because you have to 'qualify' for your levels...I for one like that.
C) Last but not least...I was in the US draft (well, selective service It's called) until I was too old...surprise...it feels like I'm enlisting  
biggrin.gif

I love it.   I'm hooked.  Get thee to the nearest server ASAP.

BTW, my username... can you guess?...   [TRiBForCe]tHeEniGma of course!

We MUST start a server!!!  
biggrin.gif
 This is one game I can participate in again!!!

The linux server is being installed as we speak. It will be fully functional by the weekend. There is a good chance we will host both and restrict CS 1.6 from 20 to 12 and run 12 ppl AA server for a few weeks to see which is using more bandwidth.

I look forward to playing with you as well Enigma, even though I have not played AA yet...

Subscription games are a bad route unless updates and changes are a constant for daily interaction. I'm really not liking this new trend that seems to be growing more popular in stages. Someone else write a new mod and make it worth my while! teehee
tounge.gif

BattleField 1942 - Desert Combat
it s a really fun game and plz Trib if u can host the server that would be soo... much fun!
biggrin.gif

But it most likely will not be a private group of guys with a notion that a "new gameplay" will be cool - Valve would jump all over someone trying to re-create CS on HL2 mod claiming copyright infringements...or something along these lines. Who knows, the red tape might be fun to try to work around for some lab rats in comp labs. Trust me, Valve wouldn't be thinking of going subscription CS without considering escape routes that ppl will try to use. Can they lock CS so airtight that we can't find a close enough free mod?

*EhUd feels a different poll coming together...

Well yeah they can, but who says it has to be called Counter-Strike? And who says it has to have the same weapon names, and terrorist/counter-terrorist models/model names? I don't think they can hold ALL the cards, somebody just has to be creative enough to develop a system that doesn't infringe on Valve's copyrights, but has the same gameplay, and the same general idea. For instance, Medal of Honor, DOD, and BF1942 are ALL WW2 fighting sims. Yet, if I wanted to go out and create another one, (Like I have time or the know-how) there would still be room for it, without infringing on any copyright laws. Personally, I think we will see something come out IF and only IF they decide to make CS subscription based. Until then, there's no need to develop something new.

Back