AION questions

Waynos

was going to ask some questions but i wasn't impressed after a few hours of gameplay
the game had about as much excitement as this thread lol

Last edited:
Honestly, I enjoyed Aion much more than GW2 -- after you get off the training map. The training maps on both factions are boring but they're designed to teach you the basics. Things get much more exciting on the second map, when you're able to get into the capital cities, and when you're able to go into the Abyss. The Abyss is an open PvP area and the third map (if they're still doing this) is an open PvP area on alternating weeks when rifts open up to allow an opposing faction to enter. I had a blast chasing down folks that have rifted in... or rifting to the opposing faction with a group or teaming up with folks already there.

I could only stand GW2 up to around level 10 and quit. Seriously, when you're yawning so much that tears are coming to your eyes, it's probably not going to get any better. I'm falling asleep just thinking about it...lol.

I'm looking to play a little Aion again now that I'm getting close to maxing out in SWTOR.

have to ask what didn't impressed you

don't get me wrong the game itself was free.
but i like a combat style more like guild wars 2 or similar controls that "to me" seem easy to get used to
im not a hard core gamer so some simplicity is required for me

no offense meant

Last edited:
I played Aion from first beta until about a year ago when I quit for the most part to play Tera. Coming back to Aion to try the new classes it has definitely taken some getting used to going from the action combat of Tera back to the tabbed targeting of Aion. That said, I am really enjoying playing the new Songweaver class. It's the most fun I have had with a character in this game since I played a Chanter two years ago. I actually still use my XBox game pad in conjunction with the XPadder application. I recommend looking into the Macro system ('u' button), also which skills are chained so they can be left off the skill bar, that way you can keep the actual number of buttons you need to use at a minimum.

I played Guild Wars 2 but I had trouble really getting into it. I only made it to level 45 before I stopped so I am sure that I missed a lot of the best content.

Aion

Siesta : Chanter 56
Riqiza : Sorc 54
Tamberlaine : Spirit Master 53
Therapeia : Cleric 50
Canzona : Songweaver 24
Skeuta : Gunslinger 15

I played Aion from first beta until about a year ago when I quit for the most part to play Tera. Coming back to Aion to try the new classes it has definitely taken some getting used to going from the action combat of Tera back to the tabbed targeting of Aion. That said, I am really enjoying playing the new Songweaver class. It's the most fun I have had with a character in this game since I played a Chanter two years ago. I actually still use my XBox game pad in conjunction with the XPadder application. I recommend looking into the Macro system ('u' button), also which skills are chained so they can be left off the skill bar, that way you can keep the actual number of buttons you need to use at a minimum.

I played Guild Wars 2 but I had trouble really getting into it. I only made it to level 45 before I stopped so I am sure that I missed a lot of the best content.

Aion

Siesta : Chanter 56
Riqiza : Sorc 54
Tamberlaine : Spirit Master 53
Therapeia : Cleric 50
Canzona : Songweaver 24
Skeuta : Gunslinger 15

very cool..didn't know you could design or macro your keys..that might make it more fun if the combat was easier.
in all fairness to the game i will re-download it this week and see if i can figure out how to customize my combat keys
and find some info on chained skills.
like guitar i use the KISS method (keep it simple stupid) for almost everything

i do enjoy guild wars 2 and also star wars the old republic so it gives me options.
sometimes even my favorite game (guild wars 2) can seem a bit grindish and i need an alternative game to
have a break so i dont get burned out on one game.

thanks so much for your insight..i guess this would allow me to give AION more of a fair chance before i judge it
could you post a link or 2 on how to macro and how i can read up on chained skills?

once you start playing you will find that you'll be usin the same skills al the time
also be aware some classes are late bloomers
if you need help just drop me a pm or post here
there is not a whole lot active anymore so i wind up playing my asmo on israphel because they have better gear

once you start playing you will find that you'll be usin the same skills al the time
also be aware some classes are late bloomers
if you need help just drop me a pm or post here
there is not a whole lot active anymore so i wind up playing my asmo on israphel because they have better gear

is israphel the main server for the CGA/ToJ members that play?
i started on Siel but not sure if i can change that or not
so far i am starting with a Technist and it seems interesting so far

do i need to post somewhere for a guild invite?
ingame name is: ChildoftheKing

Siel is the traditional home for ToJ Elyos players. Some created Asmo alts on other servers, such as Israphel. If Nathan (UXZero) doesn't see your post in the Intro section, I'll try to log in and send you an invite to the Legion.

ok thanks..
gonna play for a while now..
then when the wife gets out of work im gonna cook her dinner..
after that i should be on for a few hours tonight

It's taking a long time for me to update the game. I think it's been about a year since I last logged in. I'm not sure if I'll be on tonight.

Back