Anyone read/reading armageddon?

I don't know about the last, but it is latest.

My family just bought it, but I haven't read it yet. Still reading Ben Hur...

Read it. I was buying the books myself up until # 6, when I had the bright idea to get my mom into them...she's purchased every one since then. Oh yeah, I'm smart.

Nope, there's 1 more left. Supposed to be 12 books in all.

Ix

I've read most of them - up through The Mark.

*decides to add a little spice*

I find them to be very engaging and gripping fiction. I don't agree with the premise, but it does have the very positive effect that whether you agree with the premise or not, you can't not question whether you're really living your faith or just passing the time with platitudes.

In general, I think people are letting their obsession with the end times overcome their good judgement about how to live their faith each day. In the end, Satan has given us no bigger lie than "You have time. Worry about it later." Whether the end times are upon us now, whether they are yet to come, or if all the stuff in Revelation has already happened, the point is that as a Christian, it's your job do get it right, right now. You can't assume you'll have time to get it right later. Paul, in 1 Thessalonians 5, makes it bluntly clear that the day of the Lord will not come with fanfare and blazing trumpets, but like a thief in the night. So, like the bridesmaids who prepared themselves for the groom and brought extra oil in Matthew 25, be ready at all times and do the best you can to ensure the readiness of those around you. Then, whether the "end times" are here or not, you'll be prepared. And that's the point.

For you fantasy readers out there - "People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true or because they're afraid that it is." Get the point - examine your heart and be ready. Don't get caught up in the end times paranoia.

Amen to that ... one thing that the left behind series has done is (not intentionally I'm sure) is that the camps pre-trib, mid-trib and post-trib are now (in some people's minds ) more divided than before. We must all remember that Jesus is coming back at a time set by God and indicated to us by events on earth which we may or may not be able to correctly assess at that time. Also He is coming back to fetch His Bride ... US ... and we MUST be ready ...

finished the book today..what a cliffhanger ending! Have to wait for the final book to see which main character died. Arrghhhh

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ April 21 2003,4:09)]finished the book today..what a cliffhanger ending!  Have to wait for the final book to see which main character died. Arrghhhh
You mean you don't know who it was?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Saxamaphone @ April 21 2003,5:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ April 21 2003,4:09)]finished the book today..what a cliffhanger ending!  Have to wait for the final book to see which main character died. Arrghhhh
You mean you don't know who it was?
Hey, don't be giving anything away here. I haven't read it yet...
wink.gif

sax,

you've read it? pm me and we can discuss further. but in the end two major characters are wounded bad...one dies but they describe it so vaguely that the reader doesn't know. There;s a 167 thread in their main forum discussing this

Woah, wait a minute dude. Stop.

Do you feel that gentle tugging on your leg. LOL, thats me pulling your leg!!!
tounge.gif

I have not read the books, but, my wife has. It took here less then 2 hours to read Armagedon!!!

I like what she was trying to say about the whole thing, does it matter who dies (or died), we know where they are and what will happen. LOL, how true.

Any way, shake me of your leg. I'll stop, I promise. LOL

Sorry, forgive me, K?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
LOL.
laugh.gif

That's pretty bad Saxamaphone.

Hahaha. You had me going there too.

I haven't read Armageddon, but I've read several of the previous ones, so I can imagine how you'd want to know who it is.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ccgr - thanks, now I know that someone dies.  
sad.gif

I know you don't know who yet...but I didn't even know that one of the main characters died.

I've got the book, but I haven't had a chance to read more than the first chapter yet.

Please type something like ***SPOILER*** before posting info about the book. Thanks! ;)

actually if memory serves (i dont' have the book here with me at work) the dust jacket either says that or implies that (i.e. death of a character.)

Sorry didn't mean to spoil anything. Actually thought it was quite clear since Jerry said himself that only one of the main trib force members will make it to the glorious appearing. Even if you read the synopsis on the cover it mentions dual ceremonies and give a lot away.

Yes, but I didn't read the jacket because I was afraid it would give too much away, so I didn't even know it was on the jacket.  
laugh.gif

its ok though. ;)

of course...I had no idea that Jerry Jenkins had said that either.
sad.gif
...but now I guess I know that more of them will be dying soon.

I kind of assumed that eventually some of them would die though.

Back