ARG!

Baron Squirrel

i'm having some kind of (i guess) video issue with GW. at random times, the screen will completely freeze, but the game will keep running. i can 'interact' with the game, but about all i'm really able to do is minimize or close the game.

if i minimize, it makes my secondary monitor the primary, (i'm running dual monitors. running only one does not help. i've tried) dunno where the secondary goes, and the primary goes blank. sometimes this happens when i close, but it normally fixes itself when the game completely shuts down.

sometimes, both monitors go blank, and i have to restart.

i've noticed that this tends to happen more when i've got a MM as either main char or hero. i know it's an easy solution to just not play a MM, but i'd like to know that i can play the game in its full capacity. that, and i like playing MMs.

HELP!

Last edited:
Sounds mainly like a graphics problem. What kind of card you got?

If the stats of your rig are correct on your xfire profile it may be time to upgrade your system... :( Looks my old computer that became our server at home. It barely GW ran a year or two ago... you may be able to limp along with a higher proc and video card:confused:

yeah, but it's well within the minimum requirements of the game. that's what i don't understand... or at least part of it.

i'd love to upgrade, but there are more important things to spend money on right now, like food, rent, bills....

Last edited:
I know when Gwen came out we were having problems with our laptop constantly. Rho finally called anet help desk and they gave us some keys to add to the start up command line. There are some weird graphic moments now (like smoke or poison clouds loosing their transparency and becoming blinding)but it doesn't freeze or kick us out anymore. I would say to give them a call.

Kel Queen of all Europe

Back