August 3rd, 2005

.se3ker.

Paul wrote, "Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

-Philippians 4:9 (NIV)

AFTER attending the funeral of a relative and hearing members of his church attest to his faith and his acts of kindness, I realized I had not known him very well. Although I knew he was a good person, I did not know the depth of his Christian faith. Again, as I helped to clear the home of an elderly relative, in letters from her friends I saw references to her strong faith and her kindness. Her faith had never been evident to many of us in her family. Both of these instances gave me cause to examine how well I have put my own faith into practice.

When we possess something precious and valuable, we often want to share it with those we love. Why then are we sometimes reluctant to share God's love and our faith with others, even those we love?

I have become determined to make sure that my loved ones are aware of my faith. Sometimes it seems easier to share my love for God with acquaintances or strangers than to talk with my family and friends. But my faith in God is my most precious possession, and I want to share it with those dearest to me.

Billie Lemon (Texas, U.S.A.)
Prayer:
Dear God, give us the courage to share our faith each day through our actions and our words. Amen.

Back