Awesome PvP night yall

TheJfreak

Man we were rocking it tonight we learned a whole lot saw a lot of different builds and created some of our own... We got better by the round and we won a match!!! Tonight was awesome yalll see ya next week...

Remember get those mesmers.... ;)

I agree, this Friday was a good night. We started out with 8 people, so we gave Tombs a couple tries.

The first round was kind of a warm-up. I know I wasn't as ready as I thought. We had a little trouble sticking together. Our primary target was the other teams monk(s). Unfortunately, ours were a target as well. Instead of killing though, they had, we assume a mesmer, shutting ours down with energy draining skills.

Our second round we ran against a team running 6 rangers and 2 monks. The 2 monks spent their time healing themselves and eachother. The 6 rangers focused their fire on me (Loew) immediately and took me out in one volley of arrows. They used a deadly combo of ignite arrows, dual shot and the elite punishing shot. We lasted a little longer, but had trouble making any headway against a team that, when focusing fire, could take almost any of us out so quickly.

After this round, a few left, so 4 of us moved to the Team Arena. We did several rounds at the team arena. I lost track of every round, but we ran into a team running 4 rangers with the same combo again. We also got interrupted a lot by ranger interrupt shots. We discussed for a few minutes and decided that energy draining skills would help to keep the rangers from being able to use those skills. I changed Loew to a curses/inspiration. The idea was to use the mantra of concentration and spirit shackles to avoid interrupt and take their energy when they attacked. I wasn't the only one to change skills, so if others have some PvP skill advice for different professions, add that here please.

After our change to the build, we went in and immediately noticed a difference. We lost our first try, but lasted much longer and did a lot of damage. On one of the rounds, I actually saw the guy I was attacking complaining that he hated necros :D. The round we won was at the desert arena. Our first target was the mesmer since they had been so effective at shutting us down in earlier rounds. We moved on to the healer, then back to the mesmer who had rezzed. We were all still alive and were able to take out the remaining ranger and warrior.

Like I said, if anyone else has any observations to share, please post them. We want to make sure the entire guild shares in what we learn.

I used my Monk and had one observation that might help. They kept robbing my energy somehow. My 10 point skills were somewhat useless as I could hardly ever build up to 10 energy. Occasionally I could get to 5 and pop off a Word of Healing. This looks like a great elite in PvP because you get the most healing bang for your 5 points of energy expended.

I took my warrior on another run and used only adrenal attack skills along with stances. This seems to be a good combo for PvP. The only drawback is that you kill so slowly. I learned that I could actually kill a Mesmer with adrenal skills. I hardly ever kill a Monk with the warrior. Best bet on Monks is to keep them expending some energy to heal themselves instead of their teammates. Sort of the mosquito syndrome when attacking Monks with warriors in PvP.........just keep buzzing in their ear and maybe when they try to swat you a teammate will get in a killing shot.

The taunting was at a minimum this time and I didn't notice any ugly names.........but then I didn't look too closely either. When your team dies its best not to look at the chat any more. This was a much more enjoyable experience for me than past PvP runs. I enjoyed it much more than the flag, catapult, guild lord stuff. This was much simpler......see the baddies......kill the baddies.

Last edited:
Back