Babel uprising...

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
I just recieved an email with a video about this game. After watching it, I have concerns about such a game where you not only play god, but our God.

Anyone else have some opinions?

I'd link it, but that takes too much work on my smartphone.

When I saw the title of the video (link here) up on gametrailers I avoided it for the same feelings. I've watched it now but don't have time to articulate my thoughts. Regardless the "eww" feeling remains. I guess it could be worse you could be playing the humans against God and winning...

Last edited:
Humm, interesting and quite neat, So its like a tower attack game, to keep them from building something, interesting take on the bible story.

I have to admit at least its accurate in that God Stopped it, however he used a much more efficient way... What did you say?

Still an advertisement that calls God all powerful is neat. The idea that a second god can join you is a bit blasphemous except that my God is capable of doing everything in the whole universe at the same time.

Anyways interesting find guys. Thanks.

lol... I think the whole commercial was MADE by the end, "Johnny, dinner's ready!" That's awesome.

"Publisher: Ubisoft."

/smh

Not surprised.

I don't see much difference between a French developer (Mando Productions) mocking God and Scripture and Japanese developers rehashing the "Surprise! The Catholic priest is really the bad guy" trope in countless RPGs.

It could be worse. The game could feature God as the final boss of the game. (Yes, that actually happened. In Shin Megami Tensei II. No, I'm not making this up.)

You know what would actually surprise me? A sci-fi near-future open world game in the style of Watch Dogs where the player is charged with protecting the persecuted Christian church from hostile governments. Unfortunately, we're far less likely to see that as we are to get another "lolcatholics" priest in another generic JRPG.

Back