blech deployment

ChickenSoup

Banned
Well, my dad was supposed to retire soon but it seems he must go to Afgahnistan. He's lucky--he'll be training and sitting behind a desk most the time instead of dodging bullets. He seems to be taking it well--he said if we must wrap care packages in newspaper, have nothing with Doonesbury on it. Heh. But my sister and mom aren't taking so well, and I'm sort in one of those "stoic on the oustide, topsy-turvy on the inside." It's a big do-not-enter clambake of weirdity right now, so.... yeah.

Ill be praying do you know where your dad is going over there

Not Iraq, thankfully (because of all the craziness going on over there--well, more than where he'll be anyway) he'll be training light infantry guys in Afghanistan for a bit

where at in Afgan Ive got a few buddys over there right now that might be in the same place

where at in Afgan Ive got a few buddys over there right now that might be in the same place

he doesn't know yet, he'll be off for training somewheres in the midwest for 2-3 months and then off he goes. And MM, idk how long exactly. Too long, IMO :(

Back