Character Transfer Advice

Paraxium

Greetings!!

I have been playing a lot of Hearthstone lately, but i am ready to rock some WoW again!!

My wife, Greeneyed, and I have some currently lev 88 characters on the Proudmore server that we are planning to transfer over to Stonemaul. So with that said, what should i be doing to get ready for the transfer? Proudmore is a non-PVP server. Should we level to 90 there before transferring? Would it benefit us to grab some gear from the Timeless Isle there and bring it over?? I have never transferred a character before so i am not completely sure what all comes with them... Do i get to keep all my gear and gold? What about bank items??

Any help/advice would be great!! I am really looking forward to rocking some endgame content and of course some WoD content with Redeemed.

I'm not on Stonemaul with these fine folks but I recently transferred to another server to join a guild as well.

I would recommend consolidating all of your wealth and desired items onto one character that your are transferring. Do not worry about taking up bag/bank space with any Heirlooms or timeless isle tokens. Anything that is BoA you will be able to mail. Now there are one or two exceptions, so I recommend making a toon on Stonemaul, mailing everything BoA over that you can (mail them to charactername-stonemaul) and consolidating the rest for a transfer.

I cannot speak to the experience of leveling on a PvP server. That alone was the only reason I did not choose to head to Stonemaul. I'm definitely not cut out for PvP. Hopefully some of the Redeemed folk can give you some insight into what to expect.

You may want to hit 90 first just for the ease of hitting up all the chests on TI without the threat of being ganked.

Hope that helps!

Back