"Clan" recruiting

eraserhead17

Tribe of Judah League of Legends Chapter Leader
:rolleyes:Thinking of posting an open ended "Christian Players wanted " on the LOL clan recruiting page...
Good idea or not... (I say yes of course)
What should it say?

Can mention how there's no need to troll the thread, Trundle is underpowered. >_>

Good idea, but just make sure to leave contact information for people genuinely interested and a disclaimer that you will never, ever read the replies to your thread. And then don't read the replies to your thread.

Why? Because trolls, in general, are lazy people. They'll make the effort to click "Reply" then type the standard lolraptorjeebus posts, but they won't bother to register on a different set of forums or send an e-mail.

People genuinely interested in joining our community will make the effort of visiting our web site, applying to join, and registering an account on our forums.

It's the approach I used to recruit new ToJ members for years and it's saved me countless hours I might have spent otherwise trying to talk reason into people who have no interest in reason whatsoever.

And let's face it: As Christians, we believe some things that most people don't want to hear (i.e. all people are in need of salvation but no person can save himself or herself in his or her own strength). The moment we identify ourselves as Christians, the trolls come crawling out from under bridges around the world.

But we should be recruiting on public forums that allow recruiting for those Christian gamers looking for like-minded people to play games with. If we only find one other Christian gamer for every 1,000 trolls that post flames like those I've seen repeated countless times over the last 12 years, the effort will be worth it.

The key is setting up a "speedbump" for the trolls while simultaneously making it convenient for other Christian gamers to join us.

Just remember: Haters gonna hate.

Now to be fair, it's not as simple as an "us vs. them" situation. Even before I learned to stop checking recruiting calls once they were posted, I almost always found at least a few non-Christians who defended my post, saying that I wasn't breaking the rules and I was welcome to recruit for a group of people who shared the same faith.

And even the stoniest of trolls can change their ways. But a recruiting call on a public forum is not the ideal to discuss philosophy or theology.

The leader of "The Immortals" has set up a Private chat on PvP under the name "The Immortals"
There are usually quite a few hanging around in there.
May be a way to meet like minded players...?

No, not ToJ endorsed or sponsored, just a place where another group of Christian players ,The Immortals, hang out.
If you want ToJ'ers, I suggest adding the names from HERE,
although most of them are level 30, but we could work with you to get you up a few levels...

Back