Clone Bandits

Shagz

Man, if there's one thing that the Unreal Tournament community has over the Quake community its the quality of the mods. And not just the quality, but the quantity!! It's insane how many really really good gametypes, full conversions and what not are available.

Anyways, add Clone Bandits to the list. It only has one map but it has 3 new vehicles that are totally fun to drive, a neat new gametype that's part Onslaught, part Team-DM, part CTF, and a design aesthetic that totally rocks (think Mad Max taking a vacation in Las Vegas).

On another note, good gaming w/ you on the weekend CS, Plankeye, Kidan...did I miss anybody? There were a number of us. BTW, I seem to be having problems with my headset (as some of you noticed); it's totally weird. The Mic is on, the game is registering my voice (the volume level jumps on the left of my screen) and when playing with bots they'll take my commands. But on the server (any server) no one can hear me when I'm talking. :p If I see you online again this weekend I'll try and join your private chat channel (that is set up by default for each player) and see if I can get through to somebody. Weird...

well, ever since I insalled UT, my mic barely registers my voice at all. I basically have to shout at it for it to get anything.

it's truly odd...
sad.gif

Check your voice options in the game. Under Settings- Audio -Configure (volume level). Now look at the Qualilty. Also check your audio mode , which is your sound card setting.
I bound my mike to my M key.

UT has always had plenty of mod support in the past and it looks like that's continuing. The only problem I see is , which game mod to play. decisions decisions
biggrin.gif

Starting the download.

truthfully, I've not yet set up that beyond the basic defaults from the install.

What i'm talking about is in the OS tools, I can't get anything out of my mic. So it's across everything, including Teamspeak an CS.

there needs to be more Star Wars mods!

Heheh, yea, there's only Troopers right now, but from some of the screen shots I've seen, it's shaping up to be really good. They've released Betas, but all the ones I've played have been pretty prelimary. Graphics, art, sound is all there, but missing documentation and the Bots, of course, play like they've all had lobotomies.

Kidan. Maybe your mike is muted in your os. Go to help and type in recording sounds. It should give you the option to open sound recorder. Once inside that you should be able to get it going. Also make sure your mic is plugged into the proper inlet. (double check).

I always play with all mic communication disabled so if you see me you had best type to me, or use the team radio binds.
tounge.gif

Thanks for letting us know James. When I have been on any servers lately, it seems like most people have done away with the mic completely. When the game first came out, everybody was so chatty; now it seems so quiet by comparison.

Back