Co-GL Election Time! - Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angryson

The triannual clock has turned and it's time to for a co-Guild Leader election! To refresh everyone on what's going on, we have 3 co-GLs in Redeemed on a rotating schedule (kinda like U.S. Senators) so every 4 months there's a election for one of the spots.

Thus, everyone will get one vote and one co-GL will be elected (to assist Brootis and Kracer as benevolent dictators...I mean leaders) The highest vote-getter will get a one-year term, through April 2013.

The eligibility guidelines remains the same as our last few elections:
• The member must be 21 years of age OR older
• The member must have been a Christian for 3 to 5 years
• The member must not be an immediate family member of another Guild Leader
• The member needs to have been an active asset to Redeemed for the past year
• They need to have been involved in some form of Christian Leadership before

[Note: these requirements are intentionally vague. We leave it up to individual nominees to self-identify whether they meet both the letter and the spirit of these rules ... if we get into "legalistic" debates about any individual qualifications that pretty much in and of itself indicates that they shouldn't be a candidate ... but we don't want to go there].

Current GL timelines are:
This election is for May 1st, 2011-2012.
In late August 2011 Brootis' term will be up.
In late Decemeber 2011 will be Kracer's term

What's a co-GL do, you might ask? Really, it's providing overall leadership to the guild. There are administrative duties (setting up forum access, maintaining the "guild control" settings within the game, holding elections). There are organizational duties (deciding what officer/leadership slots are needed, deciding who should fill them, recruiting people into the roles). There are vision duties (setting guild priorities, trying to maintain "balance" in the guild between competing goals, maintaining relationships with other guilds and with ToJ). There are mediation duties ... resolving disputes between guild members and between officers. And lastly, there are discipline obligations ... when a guild member's failure to follow guild standards or rules means that some form of discipline, up to and including /gkick, is appropriate. Most decisions and actions are coordinated with the guild's appointed officers. But ultimately ... the co-GLs run the guild. So this isn't a popularity contest or a puffery title ... this is choosing the ultimate stewards of the guild, and thus a serious thing.

Any guild member can nominate someone for co-GL -- either by posting in this thread, or via PM to me (Angryson) in these forums. Every nominee will be contacted by a current GL to see if they desire to run for the office of Guild Leader and they plan to fulfill the role if elected. To streamline the process, it would help if you contact a candidate to make sure they're interested and qualified before you nominate them ... but that's not a requirement by any means.

CURRENT NOMINEES AS OF 4/15:
Blubarry
Azami

DECLINED:
Shagz
Goodwone
Angrynoob
Echelon
Samboe
Mordos
Brizle
Skjota/kysif

The election process/timeline will proceed as follows:
• Nominations will be open until Sunday, April 15th.
• Once all nominations are set we will take some time to interview each candidate to ensure they meet the qualifications, but hopefully we'll get it done in a less than a week, such that tentatively the candidate list will be final by Wednesday, April 18th.
• Elections would then be open through Saturday, April 28th, with results announced soon thereafter. Elections will be done via in-game mail with details to follow later.

Please contact myself or Brootis if you have any questions about the process.

<3 Mcfierce

Last edited:
Right now I don't see GL on much... Except Kracer...

I choose The BEST man!!! Querinus (LOL!!)

Want to nominate anyone who is:

1. Currently active and plans to stay that way even if Blizzard nerfs their dungeon or doesn't drop their purps.
2. Been a member for at least a year
3. Loves Jesus enough to love everyone in the guild and not to trash talk people behind their back.
4. Will clean up the officer list of inactive / non-players

It's seriously dumb to vote in leadership that will not actually play.

This, times infinity, which is why I must decline the nomination. Guild Wars 2 is coming out soon, and I will be playing that.

Thanks for the nomination tho Brizle. I'll be playing WoW until GW2 hits.

Last edited:
Want to nominate anyone who is:

1. Currently active and plans to stay that way even if Blizzard nerfs their dungeon or doesn't drop their purps.
2. Been a member for at least a year
3. Loves Jesus enough to love everyone in the guild and not to trash talk people behind their back.
4. Will clean up the officer list of inactive / non-players

We have nominated people who are not currently active in the past and they have actually came back to play wow. It is up to the nominated individual to decide if they are willing to commit the time required to be a Gl. Those of us who nominate choose people we feel are qualified to run the guild. It's stupid of us not to nominate qualified people, and by choosing qualified people you trust they will either accept or decline based on their ability to fulfill the nomination. As you saw with my nomination one was turned down because they didn't want to be locked into playing wow. Bit I still stand by my choice of Ech being a solid nomination.

Last edited:
Also If personal life allows Sam the time I also nominate him.

I have yes, resubed to help out with invites and still take a look at the bank. This is temporary and I will probably be playing GW2 as I can really only concentrate on one game at a time between, ministry, and family. I would like to decline.

I don't think many nominations are made of inactive players, rather, after being nominated the game has grown old. It happens to just about everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back