Cross-realm mailing on PTR for 5.4.2

direpath

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10587459185#1

In the latest 5.4.2 PTR build, we are testing the new ability to mail account-bound items to other characters on your account that may be on different servers. Notably, this should allow you to move heirlooms between servers, in advance of our planned Warlords changes that will make them fully account-wide.

Sending this sort of mail should work like any cross-server communication: You send the item to "Playername-Servername" and it should otherwise work like regular mail. Note that you can only send account-bound items, and not other items or gold.

Example: I have a character, Thrall, on the Benedictus server. I want to send my heirloom mace to my alt, Durotan, on the Lycanthoth server. I'd log in as Thrall, and attach the mace to a mail addressed to "Durotan-Lycanthoth" and hit send.

Too bad I don't have toons on different servers lol. But still, excellent feature.

I just want account wide tabards. >.>

I was hesitating on transferring my Belf pally from Doomhammer to Echo Isles Alliance with my buddy and I'm glad i didnt.

Of course, I only wanted my BoAs (and a bit of gold). I want to leave my pally behind so I can truly focus on a new main.

dang, i thot they were going to make a special inventory box like mounts/titles for hierlooms, u just click on it and all your toons would have access to whatever hierlooms u have.

Thats still in the works for 6.0. This is just an interim answer to get a feature in place. I'm hoping it will eventually allow us to mail gold across toons, but might not happen that way due to gold sellers.

Back