CS Rates

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ex_interp "value"

When I changed, cl_updaterate 80, it automatic did this: ex_interp 0.12000000000

Choke and Lag went from 30 to 0 when I join the server, heh.

Dropping/Picking up weapons, Choke/Lag: 0 (zero).

One is fixed, but another takes its place, err.
mad.gif

The way i learned it, this loss is caused when server's fps is lower then the fps_max and cl_cmdrate set by the client.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Try running a tracert to see where the issue actually is.

I emailed u one, 4 days ago, hes... -_-

From what my tracert shows me, its having issues between my ISP and a server in Chicago...
rock.gif

ToJ custom server in Chicago?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]no the custom is in maryland.  the toj main is in virginia.  It seems the Chicago perring points are a bit overloaded right now..

Also when you see the *** that is a router having issues..not a server..<G>

The tracert makes sense now, it jumps from point to point to get a good connection, heh.

And, I dont see any *** so I assume its not my router then, errr. But the ms is fairly high, 99ms, 105 ms, 100 ms, 120 ms...

Just thought about this, since I'm using a router/hub, does that mean my internet connection is a T1?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]nopers..your connection is cable. You may get t-1(1.445 megabits per second both ways) speeds coming into you but i bet your outgoing is limited to between 128 kilobits a second and 512 kilobits a second.

Weird though, steam keeps changing my Internet speed to T1......
rock.gif

megabits...? kilobits...? Easy terms please?

When I download something, I always get 160kbps, never higher and lower. Most of the smaller downloads take between 10 secs to 30 mins, max. Demos like Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 took me 5 hours...

I have High Speed Cable Internet, not the new one with 1MB/3MB downloads, which is too much!

Back