Death Aboard thoughts...

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
So for all that have tried the add-on what do you think about it, likes and dis-likes.

So for all that have tried the add-on what do you think about it, likes and dis-likes.

Its HUGE!

Made me lost a few times.

The ship was cool, kinda messed my senses of aiming.

Shaking of the boat was scary.

And I screamed when the car fell out and decapitated me! :p

Last edited:
I really liked Death Aboard, though it's hard to pinpoint exactly why. The quality of the design is excellent and it's obvious that the map author invested a lot of time in creating these levels.

My only beef is that it took several (read: too many) tries to finish the fourth level on Advanced. What was especially frustrating was that most of the time me and my team didn't finish the level, we died within sprinting distance of the safehouse. This might have more to do with the AI Director than the design, though.

All in all, I'd say this is just what the chapter needed to revive interest in Left 4 Dead. I'm hoping that more campaigns of this quality will be released to give us an excuse to play together.

When Corp and I played we had to repeat the final level, just had some problems with where to hideout the horde. I know that I'm not good enough for expert on this campaign yet.

I would really like to play Dead before Dawn, but that one might not make L4D, but be on L4D2. The ship level was my favorite, I felt so lost, but had a fun time being lost.

There was a few problems, but maybe they were glitches.

Whon and I, went to the 3rd and final safe house, there was no ammunition and First Aid Kits.

When we did repeat the final level, the ammo and first aid kits magically appeared.

There was a few problems, but maybe they were glitches.

Whon and I, went to the 3rd and final safe house, there was no ammunition and First Aid Kits.

When we did repeat the final level, the ammo and first aid kits magically appeared.
That's a known issue with the campaign. I believe it's supposed to be addressed in the next version.

Back