Deathball mod

F

Furion

Has anyone checked out this new mod? It's a First Person Sports Game modeled off of UT2003. It's basically a cross between soccer and rugby. You play on fields that have a goal at either end and the object of the game, obviously, is to score. The only weapon you have at your disposal is a shield gun so teamwork becomes vital to the game-play. No matter how skilled a player is, they simply will not do well at this mod unless they are team-oriented. If you haven't checked it out yet, I highly encourage you to download it at www.deathball.net

Be sure to take notice of the readme file as there some rules of the game you'll need to understand before playing. There's already at least one online league and this mod is quickly growing in support. A competitive team could be a possibility here. Let me know what you think.

Yea yea, totally love this mod. Heck, I love it more then UT2K3 itself.
rock.gif

Haven't been playing lately, been too busy with a number of things, but I try to get on in the evenings before I hit the sack. No fave servers, just whatever pings lowest.

Add me to your buddies list if you like - ToJ|Shagz.

Do you frequent any particular servers?

Don't frequent any particular servers but for some weird reason, I find myself playing with a guy by the handle of Trichloro a lot. I basically just jump in any game that's good a group of players.

And I definitely agree that I enjoy the mod more than the actual game. Of course, that happened on the original UT as well with the Tactical Ops mod so I'm not terribly surprised. Definitely add me to your list as well or find me on AIM, sn: saabavalanche. I've been under Furion, but I'll most likely add the ToJ tag after joining last night.

Hope to see ya in game! And if you know anything about a possible competitive team, let me know. Thanks. BTW, if I don't reply to a message in-game, it's cuz I have some problems with the whole message system. AIM is a much better way to reach me for chat. Adios!

Furion, just a quick note, I'm still alive and I have my new computer in place and even though it's acting kind of weird, it still hums along just fine for playing games, so I'm getting back into Deathball.

I haven't gotten around to finding other Deathballers in ToJ, but I'll get to it soon enough.

In the meantime, when you go online, make sure you hang out in the ToJ irc channel, or else I'll just look for you (I think you said something about not being able to use IRC and you only use AIM? Me, I don't use AIM, so I can't catch you that way...ah whateva, we'll sort it out)

Really liking Deathball 1.6 now...it actually looks and plays like a game mode in its own right rather than just an add on, and the players I've played against online are psycho with the skillz. I'm losing my touch.
smile.gif

Shagz-

Sounds good...I'm working on getting IRC up, but in all honesty, I'm new to it all so I'm not totally sure I'm doing it all right but I think got into the toj channel tonight. Anyways, I'll be Jeffro_ on there.

Glad to hear you're getting back into DB and that the new comp is working well for ya. I actually haven't been playing online much lately. I decided a couple weeks ago that I was going to learn how to use the UnrealEd so I've been working on some maps. I have my first DB map finished except for radar. I'll be sure to post it on here whenever i get it hosted somewhere. Most likely be under the name "At The Altar". Modelled it to look like an Egyptian Tomb. I like it but then again, I'm kinda biased.
smile.gif

BTW, if for some reason I can't get this IRC stuff to work right, do you use MSN Messenger at all or no? Well, I need to get some shuteye or I'm going to be dead for class tomorrow but I'll try to get online for some DB action again here soon and I'll search for ya. Talk to you later!

re: MSN...yes, I use it from time to time, but mostly for work purposes...hmmm...you could use djshagzbroadcast AT hotmail.com, I sign in on that from time to time, but IRC is usually the best way. If you're looking for a good program, get mIRC. There's a "mIRC script" that you can install that allows you browse the master servers and save fave servers to a file (. When you connect to a server, it sends a message to IRC letting others know that you're in game. When you sign in, type '?q3' (for Quake) or '?ut2' (for UT2003) and you'll see if anybody's playing and where they're playing.

If you want, we'll watch for each other on MSN or whatever and I can walk you through it...

Sweetness, I'll keep an eye out for you on MSN. Hopefully we'll be able to track each other down. Go ahead and look for me under CaughtintheFury at hotmail.com

For all who might be slightly interested, Shagz and I got together online to play some Deathball last Thursday night and had an absolute blast for a couple hours. Our hope is to eventually add some more ToJ members to the fun and possibly get a team going at some point in the future.

As of the moment, however, we're just looking for some good christian gaming fellowship playing Deathball. In the future, we'll set up more nights to just meet online and game some and we'll be sure to post those times on here in the future. Hopefully, we can gain more people and have a positive influence on the Deathball gaming community.

Back