Do you serve the bible or does It serve you?

you serve the word..not hte other way around. Saying the word serves you is akin to saying God serves you..wrong answer on both accounts.

:D I knew this was offered as a good question! He is coming soon is close to the right answer and for me to devulge it now messes me up hehehe! But there is a wrong and right as always. I left a clue within the words presented. To add more spice, think with John 13:7 and on, with humility as I beat you over the head with scriptures!

While we serve God, I think that the Bible serves as a tool for us to come to greater understanding and get closer to God. It's a bit of a mutual relationship I would think, we serve God through our deeds and such, and God's word serves us as a guide to better serving Him.

:D I knew this was offered as a good question! He is coming soon is close to the right answer and for me to devulge it now messes me up hehehe! But there is a wrong and right as always. I left a clue within the words presented. To add more spice, think with John 13:7 and on, with humility as I beat you over the head with scriptures!

I would assume from this hint that the Bible being the word and the word is God and from John 13:7, where Jesus (The word) served John, that you are trying to get the point across that the word, the bible, serves us?

I'm going to take a stab and say that the answer is: both.

I suppose it depends on your meaning of "serve." (definition source)When used as a transitive verb
6 a: to furnish or supply with something needed or desired

The Bible is the living word of God. It's amazing how you can open the pages and find something that teaches you, helps you... no matter what it is in your life that you're going through. I would say that in that sense, it serves us. The Bible gives us the instructions we need in life.

When used as an intransitive verb,
1 a: to be a servant
On the other hand, it's the living word of God. These are God's commands, wishes, and desires for us. When we really get down to the nitty-gritty of it, and we really understand what's being provided to us, we're supposed to take it as instruction and inspiration to praise, worship, and do God's work.

Last edited:
Paul wrote in 2nd Thessalonians to that which our daily life should win the respect of outsiders. Idea? Invite them over and wOOt beat them with Scriptures hehehe. Spitting of hairs maybe but in clue it defines who you are.

We are SERVANTS of God as He Is Coming Soon illustrated but there is wrong in his answer as Gods Peon pointed out because of the life laid down before us which was Jesus the Word! Serve whether it be the Word to Us or the Word to others. Its our approach that dictates who we are and I felt that this needed address. Tho it may seem to us that the Bible serves us when in reality as we absorb we still are serving him, he is inside of us! So upon acceptance we became servants! We serve the Bible and All within the boundaries of Love! We win respect first to administer to those that ask and we absorb to be prepared when they do! All within a servants responsibility! So the answer is Yes you do serve the bible with the next question for yourself is how It is served!

Ad diem to my post is That God did serve us, that which is the Lamb! So If one was to split Hairs Both would be the correct answer but After acceptance it would be served! Also Followers of Christ, If I ever refer the Living Word of God as IT please correct me!

Back