'doh!

Malohaut

How odd.  As some of you may know, surnames were very popular back in the medieval period like Richard the Lionhearted, Charles The Bold,
Louis the Pious, Pepin the Short, and Philip the Good.  However, Mythic believes my name, Chivah The Brave, is not a role playing name.  So they decided to change it. Now, I'm Chivah York.  I don't mind really as it is my heritage.  But I think it was kind of silly of them to pick and choose what to role play and what not to.  Oh well.

Just ranting.  Heh.

it was likly another person who was envious who appealed it or something and mythic not being sure sided with the player.
i mean im sure there was someone named cammando but they didnt like that either. ;)
its more like we need to role play as it is assumed they were in medeival times than what was actual.

I really think they do not look to closely at names that are appealed. They just make you change. I personally think they put us on trial for names.  If you go to some of these other servers the names are down right offensive and names here get the boot.  Bahhhh.

Did he really say Pepin the Short?

Hehe.  Pipin the Short was an actual name in medieval history.  As a matter of fact, all the examples I gave could be found in medieval history in an effort to prove my case.

"Pipin the Short and Charlemagne made donations of both Umbrian territories which constituted the central part of the Lombard Duchy of Spoleto, as well as the Etruscan territories,to the Church of Rome which entered them as part of its possessions."
"They, in turn, were ousted in 729 by Pipin the Short, king of the Franks."
etc

But you're probably right.  They probably didn't even look at the name nor at my appeal.  They only looked at my 5 choices and choose the first one.  It is kind of sad, especially how even level 50ers have crazy 1st names.  Heh.  Just goes to show ya the kind of crazy world we live in.

Back