Druids (The greatest class on any game)

PapaToad

Here are some guides I have found throughout my downtime, No use reinventing the wheel.

If you’re here, there is something in you that calls to be the jack of all trades. The druid is the master at filling in a pinch, be it tank , dps, caster or healer, while there are masters of each (Warrior, Warlock, Mage, Priest, Rogue) No one does them all as well the Druid or with the style that is unique to us children of nature.

So brothers and sisters, gather a seat, and it you want curl up in cat form or bear form and listen while I share with you what I have learned, and if at all, you have something useful to contribute, the others and I would love to hear it.

This is what I have found in my travels.........................

Ten Ton Hammer's Druid Guide ONe of the best druid guide for the druid starting up

TenTon Hammer's Feral Guide

The Regression Website (Lots of good basic info for all classes and races)

Nerf Druids ( more good Druid Stuff)

The Druids Sanctuary A cool site to browse though

Group Buttons A awesome add on

So enjoy the knowledge and I will be checking back to see what new things I can learn.

Last edited:
I can not believe with the amount of Driuds we have, nobody has something to share.

How am I supposed to get good Ideas.

Write, communicate, share!!!!!!!!

These are reposts of two posts from the holicron knights forum which basically lay out the two styles of gearing a healing druid. These things apply at lvl 60 really.

This first post is mine, and details how i gear my druid. I focus on +to healing as the highest priority and the following details why. This discussion was regarding which bracer enchant to get (+24 healing vs +7int), but it applies in general to the int vs +healing debate. Keep in mind that I'm talking strictly from a healing standpoint - if you are gonna be in feral form or moonkin for or whatnot the things said in my section will not apply as much. This is for when you are main healing (regardless of spec)

I'm a big fan of +healing. If you don't like number crunching, read no further >.>;;

First thing to understand is that at +375 to heal, Rank4 Healing Touch becomes our most efficient heal and also casts at 2.5 seconds. For our MC runs I basically toss a rejuv and then spam rank4 HT, canceling as necessary. This is a steady 400 hp/second healed

At roughly 6000 mana, and +400 to healing, using rank 4 healing touch (184 mana for 780-830 ish healed, 2.5 second cast time w/talents, and gaining roughly 85% of the +heal bonus), +24 to heal is ~693 hp healed over about a minute and a half of chain healing, not counting mana regen, which continues to benefit from +heal.

7 int is worth 105mp (126 w/HotW), which is worth (again using the same item set up as above, 6000mp, +400 to heal) , about 456 hp healed and does not benefit you the rest of that fight once you've spent that mana.

IMO for druids, +heal is the singular best stat to stack. (This is both from research and also my own experience)As an example of it's value: at around 370 to healing and 5000mp, for long fights, Robes of the Exalted (11 spi, 5int, 68 +heal) has almost the same value as Cenarion Vestments (24int ,16spi, 3mp/5, 22 +heal).

+370healing = rank 4 HT, 184 mana, 750-810hp healed. (775 avg)

not taking into account mana regen: (I'm lazy, and it's effects are significant, but not THAT significant)

5000mp = 27 casts of rank 4 HT, 20935 hp healed in 68 seconds chain healing.

w/Robes of the Exalted:
+438healing = rank 4 HT 808-868hp, (838avg)

5075mp = 27 casts, 22626 hp healed in 68 seconds chain healing.

w/ Cenarion Vestments:
+392healing = rank 4 HT 769-829 (799 avg)
5360mp = 29 casts, 23171hp healed in 73 seconds

As you can see, Our teir 1 epic is only marginally better than Robes of the exalted for raid healing.

Granted this doesn't take into account situations where you need fire resist, or PVP where IMO Stam and Int are the most important. Tranquility also is better with a high mp setup since it receives very little from +heal because of it's AoE nature.

Also in situations where you're using less efficient heals (at around +375 to healing, rank 4 HT becomes our most efficient heal AND it's a 2.5 second cast time. win/win) like regrowth and higher rank HTs, the distinction is less clear, though the general sense is that +heal will always outpace +int.

I calculated out that a Druid with +600 to healing and roughly 7000mp raid buffed (where an int focused druid might be at +350 healing and 8500mp raid buffed):

It came out to roughly 60000 hp healed, chain casting for 2 minutes before OOM using the +heal setup.

The int setup gets you roughly 41000 hp healed chain casting for just over 2 minutes before OOM.

It might look cool to have an 8500 - 9000 mana pool, but the +healing will take you much farther.

The long fights (anything over 1-2 minutes, which is mostly boss fights which also happen to be where healer staying power is the most important), is where +heal distances itself from an int build very quickly. IMO +350 heal should be what every druid shoots for. This is fairly difficult with a high int setup pre MC (in blue +heal gear, pre MC, you'll be sitting on +370 to heal and 5000mp, which is already better efficiency than something like +150-200 to heal and 6500mp). After +350, it's kind of up to you where to go - with HoTW the value of int increases roughly 20%, not enough to close the gap, but for PvP and non Rank4 HT, it may be better. Maybe I'll calculate it out someday.

Why should druids but not necessarily priests/paladins stack +heal?

All our heals get at least 80% benefit from +heal:
Healing touch Rank5+: 100%
Healing touch Rank4: 86%

Rejuvination: 80%
Rejuvination +8/8 Stormrage: 100%? (maybe)

Regrowth: 50% up front, 50% to HoT

Flash Heal: 43%
Flash of Light: 43%

In conclusion! That's why i stack +heal. In all the HK raids I've been in, I consistently have the lowest max mp but I'm almost always one of the last healers standing with mana and always in the top 3 healing (if I'm trying to heal and not goofing off trying to tank everything in sight). +heal ft PvE w.​

This next post doesn't include calculations at all, but I think is very valid - it was made by bogarthamule of HK. It's focus is on the second gear focus which is a more balanced approach. Where as my build is willing to sacrifice int frequently for +heal, this one basically goes for the item with the highest int,mp/5, and spirit that still has some +heal on it. This is a good style if you pvp alot and also if you're doing more spot healing in raids as opposed to MT healing (which is what I do)

I prefer a good mix of everything, but I like a good mana regen over all else. This is probably largely due to my EQ days where mana regen > all. The "main" healing will usually fall on the priests and pallies first, and druids will fill in as needed. I like to play the role of support healer the most, popping rejuvs on any that need it and then waiting to heal whoever takes a spike of damage. IMO healing is more about reaction time than gear. You can be a great healer (for at least a short time) with great reaction time and anticipation with crappy gear. You can be a bad healer (for a long time) with bad reaction time and anticipation with great gear. As a druid that for the most part heals in both PvE and PvP, I'd say timing will always be our most important skill.

Back on topic, if spamming heals nonstop I'd bet that +healing will help the most. I generally don't tend to cast that much though which is why I like the mana regen. Really the more time there is between heals, the more mana regen helps. When things get hectic and lots of people need healed then obviously the time between heals will go way down.

So for me I push for mana regen first and +healing and int about the same. I also like a good balance of sta to survive longer and spi to give more mana regen. Basically I like to be ready for all different healing situations, whether it's a long slow fight, a fast paced fight, a fight requiring lots of healing on everyone, or just a fight requiring spot heals. I try to push for 300+ to int/spi/sta when fully buffed at raids (including spi buff and kings) while maintaining high +heal and high +mana. With my current gear I rarely find a healing situation I can't handle.​

That's it for now - I started writing some stuff on Druids and I realized it would end up as a nice 10 page+ essay. So I kind of gave up on that, I'll update as I go. I have to go right now but I'll post some useful links that I've used during my time as a druid when I get back.

Dying? theres no dying on my watch, hmmm, I seemed to have been away too long!

LOL, I remember this comment , it tickled me so long ago in Cory's post

DRUIDS are not priests
DRUIDS are not priests
DRUIDS are not priests
DRUIDS are not priests
DRUIDS are not priests

Yet it seems I was just a hair behind the mighty Avester adn Itchus when we ran.

That comment always amused me. Been along time since I played, much less played a druid. I will see what I can do to raise that bar again.

Well we all know my motto

Its true, druids are not priests. In the real world strictist sense don't druids worship the creation and priests the creator. That may be narrowminded on my part.

And in WoW Druids are not preists, or else they'd be called, priests and nobody would roll them, like how they don't anymore.

Druids are not priests. Druids are greater, druids are lesser.

Druids are... quite simply druids. We have strengths no priest will ever possess and at the same time we have weaknesses unkown to priests.

Druids are... different...

Sticking with the healing side of the furry house,
There are 2 very viable heal specs for a resto druid and the admitted variations.
The most obvious being the TF druid.
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZZxEIxeqreRt
The TF brings the capacity to heal a max size raid with ease and can drop heavy heals in a pinch. the role of TF can flip into a 5 man healer with fair success but loses a lot of single target capacity and survivability, even with the several 'loose' filler points thrown in.

The other and vastly different spec being that of a Dreamstate druid
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0zprhicshhZZxxcbxqM

With its high mana regen coupled with HT spam capacity a dreamstate is quite simply a fancified pally. Sacrificing the trees raid healing capacity for single target healing that runs like an energizer bunny. down rank spamming on this build is for all purposes unending.

I personally am going for pvp S2 arena gear for upgrades currently. therefore i run a pure tree/hybrid build. i lose on single target healing until im done but my tree healing is in no way impacted... unless tranq is needed in which case aggro may become an issue.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Stonemaul&n=Wulf

thoughts?

druids are lesser.

I choose my words carefully here.

Druids are never lesser, druids may be, greater, arrogant, full of themselves, even on occasion, misguided, rude, playful, suffer from lag, got you killed, poked you in the eye with a sharp stick, insensitive, boisterous!

But they are never lesser!

Continue with your lives

To be straight out honest, I hate druids...anything that can claim to do everything (at half the power) makes me mad...

1/2 the power?

I think we more or less bordering on anywhere from 99% of the power to 76%. So 5 man druids, Five man Paladins, well I am not saying they're better, I am just saying that group is not hurting to much anywhere. I share one of my favorite quotes, and the Druid pretty much embodies it.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

in fact I think i am going to change it around for papa toad~

Back