Druids: Your review is HAWT!

example42

Super Hawt! You get a shapeshift form that lets you fly (grr!). Summonable pets like the mechanical yeti (double grr!). A healing shapeshift form (HAWT!!!).

Discuss ;)

Summonable pets are only for the top of the balance tree right? And the tree of life form looks kinda like a half good half bad thing. The bonuses are good but you can't cast instant heals, only heals over time.

We all get flight woots :)

Well, here's Neirai's proposed talent tree, which I'll think about...

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-druid/talents.html?0000000000000000000000555050132302010553134105002000000000000000

And here is my other proposed talent tree, if I think what I'm thinking right now:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-druid/talents.html?5003000000000000000000000000000000000000000050550350531502531050

Thoughts on spells:

Cyclone: Mini-banish for the druid; but it works on any target. Not bad at all!

Maim: Kitty-gouge... but it takes 5 combo points, so it will be odd.

Lacerate: Feral-Sunder... and if you use "Mangle" (or a friendly kitty in your raid does,) it will be even more effective

Flight Form: Duh

Lifebloom: Very nice... and stackable. ...and effective even when dispelled.

Thoughts on Talents:
<Balance>

Control of Nature: nice that it affects both druid "mezzes"... I personally think it should affect hibernate too, but that's just me. Solid talent here.

Nature's Reach: Interesting how it affects "Faerie Fire (Feral)" too... Blizzard has obviously been looking at the "Recommended feral tank talent build". Floggin' N00bs. You won't see me running around with this talent... I'm not putting 12 points into Balance to increase the range of a spell that I only use at close range.

Improved Starfire: Now makes starfire cast faster too... chilling. Excellent talent.

Lunar Guidance: Extra Dam/Heal, based on Intellect. Solid.

Nature's Warrior: Makes you a nasty PvP caster. Solid.

Dreamstate: Regenerates your mana, not bad at all; helps with the moonkin mana issue quite nicely.

Improved Faerie Fire: Makes your Faerie Fire make enemies easy to hit; it's a solid raiding talent.

Twilight's Wrath: Yummy... Empowered Starfire AND Empowered Wrath.

Force of Nature: My opinion depends entirely on the power of the Treants.

<Feral>
My main beef with the Feral talents is that they are too spread out again... I couldn't grab all the things I wanted... but I guess that's sort of the way it goes, right? :)

Shredding Attacks: Makes Lacerate (our sunder) cheaper, while making out backstabs cheaper too (like it used to.) Not bad.

Predatory Strikes: Now effects moonkin. With that in mind I think that the "Clearcast melee" moonkin build is now actually feasible.

Nurturing Instinct: Very nice talent for PvP build ferals... especially ones with insta-heal talents too. Very solid PvP talent.

Survival of the Fittest: (Insert generic damage mitigation talent here.) Yup, but at least THIS mitigation talent has a significant anti-crit chance bonus... good for teddies, that. I'd say it is an "okay" talent.

Primal Tenacity: Now THIS is a good talent choice... this makes you much more resistant to fears and stuns... good for raiding, great for PvP. Now, if they would only add MC to that list... okay, I'm dreaming. Very solid.

Improved Leader of the Pack: Uh huh uh huh, that's the way... the rogues and warriors and hunters like it. A lot. And seeing as it scales with hitpoints, for me it is like a 128 HP/crit attack heal... and if I was using a Flask of the Titans (or the MT was,) that would be a 152 HP heal... they're bringing back the critical-hit nature of the bear tank. Solid... and even if it isn't, your physical DPS team will demand it.

Predatory Instincts: Good for upping Cat DPS and good for giving AoE mitigation... not bad at all.

Mangle: I don't think it is that useful for an MT druid, but it is definitely valuable for an OT or kitty druid, especially as it buffs all bleed effects... too bad THAT aspect doesn't scale with rank, but then again it will scale as the bleed effects rank up. Solid.

<Resto>
Okay, here is where I get nasty...

Subtlety: Makes your spells hard to dispell... that's good, because I'm assuming that dispelling mobs will be common enough in BC. Solid

Insect Swarm: No longer required for Gift of Nature. Good. :p

Improved Tranquility: With two talents, TQ causes no threat. Brilliant.

Empowered Healing Touch: Bonus HT healing... Good... right? RIGHT???

Living Spirit: +% spirit. Solid.

Natural Perfection: Dumb, IMHO. So it reduces crit damage... if you are taking crit damage, you are most likely dead... at least, in raiding... In PvP, you may not be as quick to die, but still it is hardly worth it.

Empowered Rejuvenation: Solid, Solid, Solid.

Tree of Restoration (form): Okay, here comes my speel. I'm one of the huge proponents of Resto-druid-forms... but this is just bad. Let me show you why I think so:

Pros: Gives aura of healage
Gives cheaper spellcasting --- I can't knock these two. Solid.

Cons: Speed reduction makes this useless in PvP... and also in several PvE situations (Kurinaxx anyone?)
No Healing Touch. This is my main beef. NO HEALING TOUCH. That makes any talents placed in "Improved Healing Touch" or "Empowered Touch" USELESS, and any talents placed in "Tranquil Spirit" almost useless. Yippee. Oh, and by the way... this means that unless you throw talents in dumb places, you really won't have enough usefull resto talents to use up all your talent points. GG design team.

What's missing: Damage mitigation (teddy: armor, moonkin: armor, cat: high dodge...) why can't the Tree have, say, +15% resistances to all spell schools?
A way to use this effectively in PvP. Really.

So, basically, I'm unsatisfied with Tree of Restoration, and am wondering where to put my Feral talents... which is more important? Brutal Impact, Survival of the Fittest, Primal Tenacity, or Predatory Instincts?

Bear in mind I'm a PvE bear.

with all due respect (cuz I do have quite a bit), -2rage on Lacerate and +20% damage on swipe, mangle, and maul are both definitely worth having as a teddy. That is, assuming that 2 rage is worth it. I'm not 100% convinced... this is sort of the weakest link.

I think that the expansion is goign to force me to finally choose between cat and bear forms. Right now I'm spec'd *nearly* pure feral with enough points to do everything...

Choices, choices. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I like playing cat more, but I know that my damage output it pitiful, in comparison to a rogue with similar gear. I can tank decently in bear form, but I'm having trouble getting the gear that I need to be better (I know where it comes from and what I need, but all I see drop is resto/moonie gear). I don't want to heal on my druid - that's why I have a priest (although after MC last week, I'm having my doubts about my "inability to heal")

The versatility of the druid is what draws me to it, although I can't seem to work out the specifics of being good at playing it. Perhaps I'm trying to cover too many angles at once, but again, the versatility....

As for your spec setups, Jr, I think that Survival of the Fitest (Inc stats 5%, reduce crit against you by 5%) is more of a tanking/bear ability. Preditory Instinct (Inc crit damage by 15%, avoid AoE by 15% {essentially, 15% dodge to AoE}) seems more like a cat ability. For you, dedicated bear... SotF seems like a better option.

and by the way.... Imp Leader of the Pack.... secsey hawt... bonus heal!

Lifebloom spell.... neato... cast it on a tank right before they enter combat... sure, they lose a tick or two of the HoT, but then the bonus heal at the end is kinda nice.... especially stacking upto 3 times! (plus isntant cast...nifty!)

As for the flight form...it's the same speed as an epic mount, but only usable in the Outlands. Hm... I wonder if I'll be able to move up the Z-axis...it'd be neat to fly above spell range to keep from getting ganked in open PvP while I'm trying to quest.

I think that the expansion is goign to force me to finally choose between cat and bear forms. Right now I'm spec'd *nearly* pure feral with enough points to do everything...

Choices, choices. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I like playing cat more, but I know that my damage output it pitiful, in comparison to a rogue with similar gear. I can tank decently in bear form, but I'm having trouble getting the gear that I need to be better (I know where it comes from and what I need, but all I see drop is resto/moonie gear). I don't want to heal on my druid - that's why I have a priest (although after MC last week, I'm having my doubts about my "inability to heal")

The versatility of the druid is what draws me to it, although I can't seem to work out the specifics of being good at playing it. Perhaps I'm trying to cover too many angles at once, but again, the versatility....

I'm in the same boat with the decision making. I have kind of stayed away from committing to a form thus far. I know I like cat form better also but that is probably my weakest gear set, although the drops from ZG seem to geared towards dps druids. I can see dropping the 5 points in Furor I have and putting them plus the expansion points all into feral. I won't give up my points in balance though, so I can see myself doing a 14/47/0 build, just not sure of what talents yet.

Angus Og: throw a point in nature's swiftness, you will never ever be sorry for doing that, other than that, it is a great soloing/dungeon build.

Kirj and Durruck: With these new talents, you can actually even build a decent "swiftshifter" build, like so:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-druid/talents.html?0140003000000000000000505002030322013500100055050301011000000000

On the other hand, if you are looking at a blended feral build, try this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-druid/talents.html?0000000000000000000000555002132322210553135105000000000000000000

If you are looking to make this a PvP build, drop the two points in "Shredding Attacks" and put them in "Brutal Impact".

Back