Dugeon Siege Expansion Pack

SSquared

Here's a strange one.  At least I thought this was strange.  Microsoft/GPG have announced an expansion to Dungeon Siege due out in November.  There is a very little snippet about it on the Microsoft games site.  To really find out anything useful, read this article: http://pc.ign.com/articles/427/427886p1.html

I thought it strange because the game has been out for nearly a year and a half already.  There have been VERY few user-created maps.  Although the community is somewhat thriving (a brand new map was released in June, PlanetDungeonSiege is still quite active, etc.), it's not all that large.  And at E3, they announced Dungeon Siege 2.

Dungeon Siege was actually one of my favorite games and I still play it (or at least the user-created maps) every so often. Someone even made a mod that turns the MP game into SP and includes NPC's you can add to your party! Way cool and highly recommended mod!

Is it really rated Mature? Could be. Maybe because there is blood and it's a pure hack and slash? It was actually relatively tame as far as RPG's go.

Heh. I'll have to check out my box.

For those interested, I always tell people to try the Dungeon Siege demo. You actually get to play about 10% of the game, making it a great indication of what the full game is like.

Strange. I went to Costco today and checked it out. Sure enough, it's rated M, but it was a sticker. I just checked my original box and it was rated T. Personally, I would put it at T, and I'm fairly conservative on what games I will play.

Back