Earning Influence

Enok

After playing the game since launch and largely ignoring influence, I decided I should really read up on it, because I had a few questions.

According to the wiki:

1. You earn influence for the guild just by logging on. This influence is per character, with a max of five per 24 hours. So if you log on to all five characters, you get the guild an award for each one. There are diminishing returns, however. A log on gets 10 influence for the guild for the first 20. After 20, it's 5 influence up to 50 log ons. After that it's only 1 per. So depending on how many of us are logging on in a given day, it may not even be worth having to watch the loading screen for four additional characters.

2. I knew influence rewards increase if we are doing things together, rather than solo. What I wasn't sure on was whether we need to be partied for the bonus. According to the Wiki, we do. Doing a dynamic event solo earns 2 influence for the guild. Doing it grouped with at least one other guild member gets 20. So when we run into each other waiting for a world boss or out doing dailies, we should group up to maximize influence earning.

Doing a dungeon with one or two guild members gets 10 influence per member. Doing it with 3 or more takes it to 100 influence.

3. If you are on overflow, you don't earn influence.

I wasn't aware of these things, so I though I'd share them.

Last night I was bringing a new character up through Queensdale and saw another player I didn't know... We waved, chatted, and went our separate ways. (It's not much fun teaming with me when I'm just trying to get 23 more aquatic kills.) If I'm understanding it right, it would have been worth it for us to party up EVEN if we were doing different things, just to get the bonus influence, yes?

Should we just be in the habit of automatically partying, even if we're just farting around solo?

Thanks, Enok, great info! I did not know influence didn't accrue in overflow...makes me wonder about guesting as well.

To answer your question Brydon, if that player is in the guild then yeah, you can definitely get more influence. Adds up to a lot!

Yeah, no influence earned on guesting, as far as I can tell. Any influence earned stays in the server. There are guilds that span multiple servers, and they have an influence pool earned and spent separately in each server, apparently.

Back