Easter!!

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
ok so my mom and I were talking about this yesterday at dinner why is Easter celebrated at the first sunday of every April, why not like April 10th? cause the first sunday isnt on the same day each year. also if Good Friday was the day Jesus died, why is it only 2 days away from Easter? should it be good Thursday?

anyway, have fun, and most importantly HAPPY early EASTER!

I think it was, Jesus died on Friday afternoon (day before the sabbath). No one embalmed him on Saturday because it was sabbath. When the women arrived on Sunday morning (day after the sabbath) he had risen. So he arose on the third day.

"When they came together in Galilee, he said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men. 23They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life." And the disciples were filled with grief."

yeah...it's died on on the first day, rose on the third. Not rose three days later.

I never completely got why they call it 'good' friday. I get the whole died for our sins...which is good....but still.... Good Friday = Jesus dies .....just doesn't have a 'good' ring to it you know?

yeah...it's died on on the first day, rose on the third. Not rose three days later.

I never completely got why they call it 'good' friday. I get the whole died for our sins...which is good....but still.... Good Friday = Jesus dies .....just doesn't have a 'good' ring to it you know?

i think it should be called melencholy (sp) friday.

ok i get it now, thanks guys!

why is Easter celebrated at the first sunday of every April

actually, it's based on the Jewish lunar calendar, not on our solar calendar. it occurs on the same Sunday every year, just not on our calendar.

of course, i could be completely mistaken....

Back