Emergency update...

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Tonight I got an e-mail from Blizzard saying our guild had become disbanded because of an issue with the naming policy. I logged in to be sure, and sure enough all the members were gone, our tabard was missing, and we could no longer even use the guild tab in the social pane.

I added many of you to my friends, and I'll try to pass the word around as much as possible...thanks for your cooperation.

Please bear with us until that time...we will more than likely be forming a temporary guild name until we can get this worked out.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I will try and get this fixed as soon as possible.

-Bowser

A little religious intollerance on their part.

I read the notice that they were simply deleting guilds because name changes are instantaneous...but still, no contact with the guild leader to discuss it?

That is utter cow dung.

It sucks, but I can see their reasoning behind it. The least they could do though is give us a day or two of advance warning and refund our guild tabard money.

While we're reforming, I was wondering if you're taking suggestions for names? Maybe even going with "Tribe of Judah" could suffice.

I say go with "Tribe of Judah" or "ToJ" or go medivel christian on their butts and go "Followers of YHWH" or "BSCR" (Blizzard Sux, Christ Rules)

Yeah, I couldn't believe they had made such a rash and bold decision. We were all on all day, and when I logged off I had an e-mail about it. I logged right back in, and the guild was deleted. We still have tabards, but they have no design to them.

I got no /tell from a GM, they didn't give me advance warning or a chance to change the name, and no mail in the in-game inbox.

I still say we should go with an all out obviously Christian clan name. I was reading a post by the members of KGB...that is questionable at best, and they were deleted sans warning. Meanwhile, they leave hateful clan names alone.

From Blizzards Naming policy

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Major Religions or Major Religious Figures
This category includes both clear and masked names which:
Is based on or alludes to major religions or religious figures (i.e. Jesus, Christianity, Buddha)
If a player is found to have such a name for their character, guild, or pet, he/she may:

Be assigned a randomly generated temporary name, to be changed via email
Be given a warning

They don't follow their own ToS.  Which makes them hypocrites.  They've taken to deleting guilds because names don't change immediatly, which makes them impatient or incompetent programers.

And how can they possibly know if "Knights of Solamia" is not as religious as "GodsPeons"?  Just because some GM hasn't heard of the Solamic religion, doesn't make it any less a religious reference. What a minute, it says "Major" religions. They only discrimate againsts what they know, and choose to remain ignorant about the rest. I C now.

I say we go with ToJ.cc  (if periods are allowed)  If puncuation is not...then tojcc  is good enough.

Lion of Judah. See if there is a tabbard with a Lion on it. I might even have a copy of WoW sitting under our tree so I may be joinging you guys in the near future.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Dec. 13 2004,10:14)]From Blizzards Naming policy

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Major Religions or Major Religious Figures
This category includes both clear and masked names which:
Is based on or alludes to major religions or religious figures (i.e. Jesus, Christianity, Buddha)
If a player is found to have such a name for their character, guild, or pet, he/she may:

Be assigned a randomly generated temporary name, to be changed via email
Be given a warning

They don't follow their own ToS.  Which makes them hypocrites.  They've taken to deleting guilds because names don't change immediatly, which makes them impatient or incompetent programers.

And how can they possibly know if "Knights of Solamia" is not as religious as "GodsPeons"?  Just because some GM hasn't heard of the Solamic religion, doesn't make it any less a religious reference.  What a minute, it says "Major" religions.  They only discrimate againsts what they know, and choose to remain ignorant about the rest.  I C now.

I say we go with ToJ.cc  (if periods are allowed)  If puncuation is not...then tojcc  is good enough.
I don't understand. You want an obviously Christian name, but tojcc is not obviously Christian.

Everyone knows the naming policy is wacked. In beta, there were long complaints about how names were changed arbitrarily. However, I still believe it would be best to fall within the rules as best as possible. It doesn't help us any if we try to purposely disobey Blizzard.

I'm becoming educated as I look into it.

Next, considering many mainstream and lesser to not known religions refer to a God, can they say GodsPeons refers to a major religion, or any religion for that matter? And how could the possibly assume we didn't mean plural Gods, as in the Gods of Azeroth? They took a major leap of faith...Now, I am ranting

But tojcc is something only we are aware of...a clandestine reference.

Tribe of Judah refers to Jesus's lineage. So, it is very religious, especially Christian.

We should not be afraid to go by tojcc, even if we are the only ones who are aware of the meaning behind it. Jesus said that if we deny him in front of people, he will deny us in front of the Father. I don't think we should or need to go with a guild name that has nothing to do with Christianity out of fear of being rebuked or loosing another guild name. We should fear more the rebuke of the one who can take away our inheiratance.

Seriously I saw a remark about this while logging on yesterday. I truly thought that they were gonna ban vulgar things etc. We are not pushing our beliefs just showing our faith. HMMM we could all just dump the game and go back to DAoC and tell them at least there we're allowed to be who we really are. Just my opinion as they do not have a problem letting people say vulgar and mean things to others but because of our faith we can't have a guild name that is appropriate. Goodness I am soo sick and tired of having to defend who I am always. Just shows you how much the devil has control over this world. I say we make a big appeal as a guild as a whole. Blessings,"Angel"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Plankeye @ Dec. 13 2004,11:48)]Lion of Judah.  See if there is a tabbard with a Lion on it.  I might even have a copy of WoW sitting under our tree so I may be joinging you guys in the near future.
go to our website and you can see the design of our (old) tabard. It was awesome...I loved it!

anyway, it has a lion on it, as you mentioned
smile.gif

I agree with Litsafalda, we can't idly sit by. A letter or email should be sent to blizzard. Our guild name was not a vulgar reference to God, or a religion, or to a religious person. It plainly stated our choice to be in servitude to God. I say we take a stand and not be lukewarm on this issue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Goodness I am soo sick and tired of having to defend who I am always.

Onward Christian soldier, our rest is in our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. I hear and understand you, the world is slowly being turn over to its lusts and we are becoming more and more a pillar to be rebuked because we hold and standfast to our faith. Jesus is coming, he will put an end to it, and we will spend eternity in rest with Jesus.

Back