Epic weapon quests in MC...question

ewoksrule

I was wondering how we deal with the Priest and Hunter drops in MC. If one part drops and DKP is spent, does the next part automatically go to that priest/hunter when it drops? Of course this might be only for hunters as we probably aren't going to hit up Kazzak any time soon, but Ony is nearing.

No hunter or priest has gotten the Eye of Divinity or Ancient Petrefied Leaf from our runs yet, as they only drop from Domo's chest.

Hunters who have gotten their leaf while running with Holicron Knights (or if they are with SoF and have gotten their leaf via other means) will be offered the first right of refusal to spend their DKP on the sinews.

Priests don't need to worry about the Eye of Shadow from Kazzak as the EoS drops off the demons in Winterspring. They can do as I did, beg guildies to spend a few hours helping to farm for it.

ok so for hunters, what if we get to Domo and the leaf drops before the sinew does on Ony?

Also, if a hunter has the higest DKP from <Redeemed> runs won't that take 1st priority over any thing from another guilds runs on a unrelated DKP system?

For priests, will the Highest DKP get first crack at the Eye from Domo regardless if they have the other eye (from Kazzak, Hederline slayers, or AH) yet?

Last edited:
Priests:

If you already have the eye of shadow, you will NOT be given priority for the Eye of Divinity. Anybody can get the Eye of Shadow when ever they want. Pre-EoD, Post-EoD.

Hunters:

Ok, definatly more complicated. I'll have to think about it. But I am definatly leaning towards favoring those who have put in the time and effort with Team Eternity to get first crack at it (sinew or leaf).

Gods_Peon said:
Priests:

If you already have the eye of shadow, you will NOT be given priority for the Eye of Divinity. Anybody can get the Eye of Shadow when ever they want. Pre-EoD, Post-EoD.

Hunters:

Ok, definatly more complicated. I'll have to think about it. But I am definatly leaning towards favoring those who have put in the time and effort with Team Eternity to get first crack at it (sinew or leaf).

Priest- I agree. I bought mine for 400 gold so Eye of Shadow is not relevant.

Hunters- At first I thought highest DKP with Redeemed, but now I am thinking we make every effort to get the two pieces together. I think this makes sense to me as a hunter. I may have to wait my turn in line, but I will get both pieces and not have to wait in line twice.

agreed

I also agree, if we go strikly by DKP then one would have to wait until they have the points, then wait again for the next part. This could take a very long time. It helps the guild as a whole especially if we want to get past MC into BWL and Naxx to have as many people with great gear as possible. And since the Leaf and Sinew only help Hunters I don't see how anyone else is put out.

I disagree on the EoS part. Even though they may be easy to get for the most part it still takes gold or time invested to go get it. Now I am only 47 on my priest but If I had commited the gold or the time to get my EoS and the EoD dropped but I was passed by a higher DKP person than me without the EoS I would be upset. Having the EoS in my opinion shows your serious about getting the quest done. Therefore it warrants getting the EoD. Unless of course someone with more DKP than you also would allready have the EoS. I would think this would be treated the same way with the Hunters. I would give the parts back to back to the hunter that gets his piece regardless of DKP. However it should still cost DKP to get. If that all makes any sense.

The purpose of a DKP system is to give people who dedicate themselves to the run the opportunity of first right of refusal of a drop, meaning they can take it or pass to the next highest person. How a person wishes to spend their DKP is upto them. We are not here to tell them how to spend what they earned, except for a few exceptions.

Those exceptions are in consideration of how to best gear up the new group to best ensure success. Even though warriors can use staves, the Staff of Dominance is best used in the hands of druids and casters. Once all the druids and casters have passed on the SoD, sure, if a warrior really wants it, they can have it.

We also encourage people to spend their DKP. Not because that will mean more DKP for everybody else, rather that the better geared the group is, the better chance at overall success for the group. Also, we need people not to be so worried about drops. Over the course of a year in MC, you can be assured that every weapon, every piece of armor, every trinket, every ring, every necklace will eventually drop. And they won't drop once, but many times over (with the exception of Legendary items).

The Leaf and the EoD will drop from Domo's chest. Unlike every other piece of loot in MC, one these two items are gauranteed to be in Domo's chest after every encounter with Domo. Which means, over the course of a few months of farming Domo's chest, every hunter will have their leaf and every priest will have their EoD. This is a gauranteed statement of fact. The question that arises is why is it so important to be the first to get it?

These items differ from the legendary drops because of drop rates. The legendary items are not gauranteed to drop. It could take months on top of months of farming Garr and Gedon to get the two bindings to drop for Thunderfury. I know of guilds that have farmed Ragnoras for the Eye of Sulfuras for 18 months and it still hasn't dropped. Its important to determine who will get the legendary items early so they can start preparing the materials to make the weapons. Where as with the two epic weapons, you are gauranteed to get them. Whether its first, second or eigth, it doesn't matter. Eventually, we will be leaving the EoD and Leaf in the chest anyway (they can neither be sold nor disenchanted).

Every priest can get their EoS right now, how do you verify who got it first? Many hunters have the sinew or the leaf already, how do you verify who got theirs first?

Having the EoS in my opinion shows your serious about getting the quest done.

What really shows you are serious is having the EoS and using the trinket from the Scholo quest (the one that lets you see ghosts) to finish the Priest Staff quest completly before hand. So then when the EoD drops in Domo's chest you can make the staff right there on the spot. Instant Benediction!

Quote "ok so for hunters, what if we get to Domo and the leaf drops before the sinew does on Ony?

Also, if a hunter has the higest DKP from <Redeemed> runs won't that take 1st priority over any thing from another guilds runs on a unrelated DKP system?

For priests, will the Highest DKP get first crack at the Eye from Domo regardless if they have the other eye (from Kazzak, Hederline slayers, or AH) yet?"

We are in MC as Team Eternity, we couldn't be there without redeemed members and redeemed couldn't be there without us.

Exactly... but that is not related to my statement. We are talking about ppl who got an item outside of Team Eternity runs

Aidan said:
For priests, will the Highest DKP get first crack at the Eye from Domo regardless if they have the other eye (from Kazzak, Hederline slayers, or AH) yet?"

We are in MC as Team Eternity, we couldn't be there without redeemed members and redeemed couldn't be there without us.

I think the <redeemed> part here is not redeemed members before others, but people from a run with redeemed.

Eye of Shadow, easily farmable, I have found 3 soloing the mobs that drop it.

From personal experience, the hunter quest is a pain, took me about a week to kill them all. I hear that the respawn time on the demon is 10 mins now as opposed to 3 hours, so that makes the waiting part a lot easier. They way the sinew works with most guilds is it costs 0 dkp. When a hunter takes the leaf he/she is paying for the leaf as well as the sinew. The sinew is in essence a hunter quest item (bop, cannot be sold/d'ed), no other class will benefit from it, and without the leaf from domo's chest you can't see the quest givers so the sinew does no good to the hunter on its own.

Back