Evidence of Salvation

Lloren

Christian Gamers Alliance Forums Administrator
So this is a big topic and could go in a bunch of different directions, but the main question is this: What is defined as Biblical evidence for salvation?

Other thoughts / questions related to this are: What is our role as Christians to identify this evidence? and most importantly, does my own personal life reflect the evidence of God's work ?

I'll start with the fruits of the Spirit, Galatians 6. Love, patience, kindness, self-control. Another from 1 John 4:20, "If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen." Love appears to be evidence.

Another thing I would say is a passion for caring for the poor. When Paul left Jerusalem to continue the mission to take the gospel to the Gentiles the Jewish disciples and leaders had only one request to Paul which was to "care for the poor". Even though there are differences in theology and other understandings it should be a mark of the Body to have a passion and care for the poor.

How do I stack up personally? I'm convicted that I have judged brothers in Christ often harshly. I hold them to my own moral standard, but I only hold myself to my accountable to my intentions and thoughts. I have some growing to do, but I feel the Lord convicting me and pushing me towards more Christ like love.

Last edited:
Back