Ex-Warrior Priests... HALP

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
How i use hammor? :(

Actually, was wondering what stats I need to focus on as a WP. I prefer the backline healing with some midline RF recharge/defense target buffing. I'm doing Willpower first, not sure about the rest. Probably wanna go Salvation/Grace too. Any skills or gear I should be on the lookout for? And who am I supposed to bash upside the head? Tanks? RDPS? o.o

...and when do I get those snazzy capes and shoulder pads? ^_~

I think you know most of the answers by now but let me answer from what I know. For healing WPs, which most do these days after lvl 20, try and find a blue or purple book.

My advice may be outdated, but here's what I did to get blue/purple books...I remember taking my tier 2 WP on Dark Craag to a tier 1 PQ in elf? and farming the pq over and over until a purple bag dropped that had a purple book in it. I had been using that ever since up to lvl 25. There are other PQs that notably drop blue and purple books. Empire Chap 7 - I believe has a blue book as part of the influence rewards.

For stats, I'd go willpower then str if you don't plan on bashing in the frontlines as much. Reverse the stats if you plan to be in the fray. I remember going 2 handers for a few levels and pushed up my strength as high as I could. Then spam the melee move that is a burst heal and use divine strike to heal and regain RF.

WPs turn into a different class once they get their group heals at lvl 20? I think. The group heal is invaluable against aoe groups.

I don't consider myself a WP expert and hope someone can add their advice on top of mine at some point. But I suppose, this is a good reference to start the young WPs out!

Before I stopped playing, my WP was in Lost Vale gear... that was before the Tomb thingy came out.

You want a purple book, because it gives the best RF regen. Many will tell you to stack willpower... unless they have changed it, that is only true for instances and PvE healing. In RvR, it is worth your time to stack a LOT of wounds. I got up around 9k health if I remember right, and was always on top of healing charts, even over warrior priests that stacked will, because I could heal myself through around 4 ppl most of the time, and if I was in my premade group at one time I healed myself through a double premade focus-fire in a scenario.

There was a blue tome I used every once in a while over my Lost Vale tome... it was from a hidden lair in West Praag, (I think it was called Frostshard Prison) and it was one of like 2 books that gave 5% healing crit.

For healing, pretty much you spam TotD, and every once in a while throw up healing hand on someone taking extra damage. Try and position yourself between the front and back lines, so you can reach both with your heals... hang out as close to the BWz as possible so they can help protect you. If it still exists, spec for the AoE detaunt... that was extremely overpowered and when I was specced Grace or Wrath I could use that and take out 3 people at once.

This could all be outdated, I'm not sure... if Patriotic still plays, he'd be worth talking to. He really knew his stuff about WPs and liked helping out the lower level WPs so that Order had an edge over Destro. Let me know if I can help any more.

Back