Far cry from chri

k7leetha

I'm looking over some of the things that are being discussed on this website, the games that are being reviewed and so forth, and I'm severely disappointed. The appropriateness for Eternal War: Shadows of Light was defended with, "There is a real good story and message behind it. You're saving a teen crying out to God for help. [...] Instead of killing demons, you're banishing them. There is no blood, when a demon is defeated they vanish." You cannot argue that a game is okay just because the story is good. And you can call the riddance of the demons anything you want: banishing, exterminating, exorcising, whatever: It's still killing. Violance and death are still violence and death, no matter what name you give it or how you sugar coat it.

Secondly, Ominous Horizons is way out of line, for all of the same reasons as above, but instead of putting you inside the "spiritual realm" to fight off the evil, it brings evil of mythological and unreal nature into the real world. (i.e. Anubis, Statues that follow you, Sand Golem's, Witches, and !Satan!) It is wrong to portray Satan as a being that can be defeated by a mortal. If the idea of this site is really "Christ centered," I would suggest evaluating these games through the words of scripture, not through the beliefs of modern-day hypocrites.

I guess it depends on which way you look at it, or rather, in what situation it's presented: Fighting because you have to is of course a "necessary evil." But in this society where we worry so much about what is being put into our minds, do we need more games involving killing? With our technology and limitless imaginations, there are other ways to present christian games.

I take you havent read parts of the Bible like Judges where God has people brutally killed, tent pegs thru heads, knives stab in bellies so deep they are lost in there, etc... Life is not all nice and clean, ever since the Fall its been brutal and violent, and will always be until this earth passes away.

Ominous Horizons and Eternal War are first person games, they are better than many out there violence wise however there are many other Christian game genres we have looked at, card game type, learning, childrens, there are some promising RPG's in the works. But many of the popular game types out there are violent to some extent. It's hard to find a common ground

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dr. Tek @ Mar. 01 2004,12:28)]...Life is not all nice and clean, ever since the Fall its been brutal and violent, and will always be until this earth passes away.
Agreed, which is why we're supposed to keep our minds free of hostility. The more you put violence into your mind, the more it is likely to be reproduced through your actions, that's just common psychology.

If you have issues, yes, but if you are able to discren right from wrong and realize its a game, not real life, then I have no problem with it.

.... go see the Passion... if that movie makes u feel like going out to scourge someone then u might want to see a psycologist...

Well, is killing evil demons sinning? Will God be disapointed with you for killing big ugly monsters? I dont think so.

I thought I'd present a Biblical perspective:

Ezekiel 9:5-7

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"Follow him through the city and kill, without showing pity or compassion. 6 Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were in front of the temple.
7 Then he said to them, "Defile the temple and fill the courts with the slain. Go!" So they went out and began killing throughout the city.

Amen.

The qoute he gave was from when God gave orders to kill the idolators in Israel, or Judea at that time in history if Im not mistaken.

Back