Favorite old school nintendo memory!!

Logos

Okay, first rule no nintendo bashing in terms of "when they were good". I am aware they are in a pickle. :) this is more of a thread for some good memories of when you were a kid or early game days of what games you loved and what you remember helped form your love of games. So fire away!! :)

Super Mario Brothers (NES)
- Spending what seemed like a month figuring out how to beat world 1-1 when we got it for Christmas.
- Beating the game (finally) by "threading the needle" with Luigi one turn before my older brother beat the game (both for the first time).

Super Mario World (Super Nintendo)
-Riding our bikes (older brother again) to the local Target (20 minutes away) to play the game. Figuring out how to beat the game within the reset cycle (don't remember if it was 15 or 30 minutes) by using the Star road. Yeah, we spent way too much time there. It was mostly to get around the 30 minute playtime we were limited to at home.

I've got multiple notable memories:
  • The unpacking of the NES at Christmas was most definitely a high point.
  • The next year, my brother and I got two more games: Sky Shark and Gozilla. Of course, both games are terrible in their own right, but, at the time, they were better than sliced bread.
  • Playing Final Fantasy (the ORIGINAL) and complaining when the warrior went first, defeated the enemy, and all the other party members did nothing because their target was dead.
  • Crystalis - By far, the BEST action RPG (outside of Zelda) ever made. We rented it from the local Phar-Mor for $0.99 for 3 days. Didn't get very far. So we rented it again - and again - and again.
  • My friend down the street had R.O.B. - Nintendo's robot controller companion. Gyromite still has a place in my heart.

Playing Final Fantasy at my friends house. It was the start of a long love affair with the series. I haven't really played on though since FF9. Tried 10 and 12 and didnt get into the systems they had chosen to use in those games.

Loved the Mario games, Metroid, Zelda, were all favorites.

River city Ransom for NES. Fun times.

Playing River City Ransom and Mario Bros. with Elihu. I remember laughing until I cried playing Mario Bros. and picking up and throwing enemies in RCR.

Good times, man. Good times.

Back