Feb 15, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Always Reliable

Read this!
Be strong and courageous. . . . the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

-Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

And here's the devotional:
A week after Jesus was welcomed into Jerusalem, a mob was calling for his death. From the cross, Jesus felt utterly abandoned, crying, "My God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46)

Who has not felt ignored or abandoned at some point in life, especially during a time of need? When this happens, our first response is to lash out in anger or to wallow in self-pity.

For many years I carried a lot of anger toward my father. His emotional scars from World War II ran so deep that he was never able to be there when I needed him. To fill this empty spot in my life, I sought father figures -- teachers, clergy, or friends -- and desperately wanted their attention and approval. When they could not meet my expectations, I became angry, cynical, and remote -- just like my father.

But when I turned to the Lord and began seriously to read and study the Bible, I learned that I am never abandoned or alone. God is our true and reliable father and will never leave us, even in our darkest hours.

And prayer:
Lord, deliver us from anger and self-pity. Help us trust you for acceptance. Amen.

Back